What's new

Discussion Thread for Gillette Bulldog Review

Nice review, Dave.

Here is the Bulldog that is in my rotation. It is a 1920.

proxy.php

One thing I would suggest, especially if you are used to using an aggressive razor like a Red Tip or a Fatboy opened a bit, is to adjust the Bulldog slightly. They were designed as an adjustable. If you loosen it just a bit it will lift the blade ever so slightly and may give you a more easily effective shave. Be careful and treat it with respect and see how it works for you in this manner.

Very nice review Dave, I have to get me on or three of these beauties...:wink:

Seriously. I really enjoy using my Bulldogs. They are a bit aggressive but the shave super smooth and comfortable. These are keepers. I will always have one of these in my rotation.

I have a 1921 in my rotation. Been mostly straight shaving for the past month and haven't revisited it in a while. May have to try to get around to it again.

Attachments

• $Bulldog04.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 902
Very nice review Dave, I have to get me on or three of these beauties...:wink:

Seriously. I really enjoy using my Bulldogs. They are a bit aggressive but the shave super smooth and comfortable. These are keepers. I will always have one of these in my rotation.

Ray, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse on a real nice bulldog. Practically free.

Guido, Nice pics. I did play around a little bit with varied torque to change the blade angle a bit. I found I liked it best when it was fairly tight - but I didn't really work this extensively to be definitive.

You guys who have a Bulldog as well as an Old Type Big Fellow, how do they compare? I have a BF that sees occasional use, but that barber-pole knurling is very nice!

I love the spiral knurling on those :001_tt1:. This is to me what a razor should be in terms of looks. If I could get one with a bronze end to it (think of the tip on the red-tip Super Speeds) I'd be really happy.

Just picked a 1914 Bulldog and am expecting it in the mail. Question, How do you polish these? I have an ultrasonic cleaner, Blitz, Barkeeps Friend, Borax, NevrDull, and Maaz. It seems the knurling might make it problematic with a polishing cloth. What do you suggest? Sorry if I'm not in the right thread in advance.

Last edited:
Nice Review, I was Fortunate to get My Hands on a Silver and Gold Set with canisters and blade holder's, The Silver Set Has The Mirror, I imagine the gold set Never bought a Mirrior, Who Shaves with a Gold Mirror? Plus Ive Never Seen One ?

I Also was able to get My Hands on a Single Silver and Gold Bulldog Razor's as well, For a Total for 4 Bull Dogs :scared: And to My Surprise none of them Have a Crack, From what my eyes can see.

Here is a Link to a Silver Bulldog i Restored a While Back. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...ble?highlight=

I want a bulldog now tooo! They sure do look pretty. I've eyeballed a few on the bay, but most seem to be too far out of my price range. This thread makes me want to pay a bit more attention tho lol.

Top Bottom