What's new

Discussion Thread for Diptyque Philosykos Review.

There are so many fragrances trying to be something, convey a feeling or image. It is so extremely rare to smell something like Philosykos which creates such an illusionary holographic image of a fig tree with leaves and branches. It is exciting to smell it to say the least. Very very good stuff, comes highly recommended from me. :thumbup1:

Beautyhabit.com. They have the whole Diptyque line. It runs something like $50 for 50mL, which is on the pricey side.

Premier Figuier by L'Artisan Parfumeur has a slight coconut note, but is virtually the same scent IMHO. I don't think one can tell the difference when wearing one of them. The big plus though is that Premier Figuier last and lasts. There is also an extreme version of PF available, but it's more expensive.

I prefer Un Jardin de Mediterranee by Hermes for fig scents but I enjoyed it for what it was. It was like Hermes except on a forest floor.

I like Philosykos a lot more these days than Premier Figuier. Actually I didn't re-purchase Premier Figuier. I'm more happy with Philosykos, but it's a summer fragrance, I won't wear a fig fragrance in winter time.

Wetshaver Wannabe - LOL.

Love this frag.! And, Diptyque is very generous with samples - just pop over to their site and they link you to their email for sample requests.

PS: CO Bigelow carries it and, not very long ago, they had a nice coupon floating around; I think its 20% off $100+. (You can probably find it or a similar via search engine.) If you opt for the 3.4 oz bottle you're over the $100 threshold; pretty darn good deal on a frag. that I've never seen discounted!
:thumbup1:

Philosoukos is such a find in the crowded fragrance field. It's definitely a Summer/Fall thing, if you cotton to such categories. It's so singular and holographically green - nothing sweet about it. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the Diptyche offerings - my personal all-time favorite is still L'eau which actually came out the year I was born (1968.)

I think everyone who's willing to get into fragrances for the first time should start with this line so they have a higher standard and complexity and avoid anything you can find at a department store.

might be one of the niche frags i'm willing to purchase along with annick goutal's duel/ eau d'hadrien and acqua di parma colonias.

This is the first niche bottle I purchased and to date is still the most expensive bottle I've ever bought. I liked it that much. Now that I've worn it a few times though, I will say the longevity is a little lacking. Still, a very original scent.

Top Bottom