What's new

Discussion Thread for Chubby 1 in Super

Timmy,
I really wanted to ask a question about the Simpson Chubby 1 in super versus the Saville Row Il Bambino, but there was no discussion thread on the Chubby review. Anyway, I know the Chubby is a larger knot (by far) than the 3118, but they are both short loft, high density. I'd like something smaller and stiffer for both soaps and creams than my Vulfix 2235, but with a $100 difference in price, I'd really like some help. Thanks!

-Casey

Casey,

I have and use both of these brushes, but they really are two different beasts. Actually the loft on the 3118 is longer than the CH1. And while the 3118 is a dense little guy, it's not nearly as dense as the Chubby. I don't mean to put her down, because Il Bambino really is a very nice brush. It is a little scrubby and will perform well for soaps and creams alike. But for my money, I would consider a purchase of the SR 3120, the SR 3722 as well. Also don't forget the B&B Brush, to be released soon. That brush has a 23 mm knot, but will be bigger than the Chubby. Honestly at the point you are in the game, I'd hold off on the Chubby for now. Frederik is in the process of crafting a review of his Chubby 1 (which has the the softer 3 banded bristles as apposed to my two tone) this may shed more light on the subject. But my recommendations are that you look at the SR 3118 ($75), SR 3120 ($85), 3722 ($98), 3824 ($115) or B&B Brush ($105). IMO the Chubby 1 is a little bit bettter than the 3118, but nowhere near a $100's better.

If more questions; always feel free to give me shout.

Also I'll try to get a review of Il Bambino (SR 3118) up soon.

Thanks Timmy. I was going to go for the B&B brush anyhow, so maybe I'll wait to see if I want something smaller/different after it arrives...I can hardly wait! :biggrin1: Anyway, I appreciate the advice. You've been on a buying rampage lately, buddy. My SWMBO would skin me alive if I gave in to my SBAD quite as much as you :frown: I'm jealous!

Thanks again

-Casey

Thanks Timmy. I was going to go for the B&B brush anyhow, so maybe I'll wait to see if I want something smaller/different after it arrives...I can hardly wait! :biggrin1: Anyway, I appreciate the advice. You've been on a buying rampage lately, buddy. My SWMBO would skin me alive if I gave in to my SBAD quite as much as you :frown: I'm jealous!

Thanks again

-Casey

One of the joys of being unmarried. :biggrin:

Top Bottom