What's new

Discussion thread for Arden Sandalwood

I'm pretty sure it was one of Suzuki's posts that led me to this, as well, and I agree that it is a great scent. A superlative scent, for the price.

It doesn't last long on my skin, unfortunately, but I still like it. It doesn't get much time in the rotation (owable to the large number I have rather than any inadequacy), but I'll be revisiting it now in honor of your fine review.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Talk about timely!! I ordered some of this, and I'm expecting it to be delivered tomorrow. :lol:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
That's weird. I was in JR Tobacco today walking through the cologne section and was looking at a bottle of this ($15) thinking, should I try it? I didn't get it but maybe I will go back and buy it.

On another note, after I went there, I stopped in CBS Barber Supply and decided I would buy a bottle of Osage Rub. Walked to the back of the store where they keep all of the Pinaud, Stephens etc. No Osage Rub. :mad:

It's really pretty amazingly good, and I think it'd be a hard scent not to like; you should both be very happy. As mentioned, it's not at all a real sandalwood, but in a good way: it's very light, and not at all like most sandalwoods. I love others as well, but they can run to the too-sweet/too-creamy/too-spicy/too-woody side, and EAS really balances these things very nicely.

It's a shame, everything that is good on B&B seems to be discontinued :mad: I've been checking this stuff out a lot, and didn't know this review existed. I'm for sure going to pick some up now. Is there anywhere else I can buy it from rather than Razor and Brush? I've tried to get a hold of Gio for like two weeks.....

It's a shame, everything that is good on B&B seems to be discontinued :mad: I've been checking this stuff out a lot, and didn't know this review existed. I'm for sure going to pick some up now. Is there anywhere else I can buy it from rather than Razor and Brush? I've tried to get a hold of Gio for like two weeks.....

Just search on Amazon for Arden sandalwood. Lots of results in varying prices. My only problem is $5+ shipping on a $11 item. Wish I could find it locally.

Just search on Amazon for Arden sandalwood. Lots of results in varying prices. My only problem is $5+ shipping on a $11 item. Wish I could find it locally.

Don't think of it like that - think of it as getting a really nice cologne for $16 - which is a steal.

OldSchoolYougin has given a pretty good description - this stuff opens with a sharp blase of lavender and then settles down to a nice woody, powdery scent with pretty good staying power.

Its not a "pure" sandalwood, but it definitely has a strong sandalwood component.

While not in the same league as Floris sandalwood, Tam Dao or other really high end scents, the Arden is good in its own right and is a very good everyday scent.

Even with the Floris, Artisan, Penhaligons stuff I own, the Arden still gets a reasonable amount of play.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

http://www.beautifulperfumes.com/m12724.html

Check out their Tabac, Knize 10, Royall, &c. as well ...

Top Bottom