What's new

Discussion - Post shave

Interesting thread!

I use ’quality’ shaving soaps, then a cold water rinse and splash. If necessary (for example during the colder months), I add a moisturizer. That’s what works for me!

I shave with cold water, then a final cold water rinse to get the soap off my face, then an splash of aftershave.

My morning routine is a warm water shave/cold water rinse, a splach of Thayer's (most days) and an ASB.
My evening routine is a warm water face wash and a moisturizer.

I thoroughly rinse all the cream or soap off. I've never tried any other way, but I would imagine I'd start itching if I didn't.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Post shave is not an integral part of my shave. It's an optional extra. On most shaves, just rinsing off any remaining soap is all I'll do.

I have a couple of alcohol based lotions, a couple of balms, and some moisturiser. I know my face well enough, and the follow up products well enough, to know if anything more is needed - and if so, what. Whether it was soap, technique, weather, diet, or general health that prompts a change, it will still be one of those same options.

The only exception, is if I know for certain that a poor shave is my fault, and I have left myself feeling overstated. In that case, I may use alum before following up with balm or moisturiser. It is not often, but does happen occasionally, particularly if using unfamiliar kit.

Top Bottom