What's new

Discussion of the "Lolita Lempicka au Masculin" Review Thread

It's now two weeks later and, since I'd chosen Salter's Almond shaving cream for today's shave, I decided it might be worthwhile to revisit Lolita Lempicka au Masculin EDT, as well.

Again, I found the top notes to be conspicuously absent, without the slightest trace of anisewood, and the middle notes, too (save for praline). Again, the vanilla overpowers everything, with the exception of the "familial" praline, and the smallest hint of cedarwood.

It's not that I find Lolita Lempicka au Masculin disagreeable, just disappointing. My opinion remains the same. YMMV.

This is becoming very strange.

As much as I've been less-than-thrilled by Lolita Lempicka au Masculin EDT, I shaved this morning with SCS Coconut shaving cream (I was not "taken" with its smell, although the lather was fantastic).

Anyway, after I was done shaving, hot-and-cold face rinses, and witch hazel splashed on, I was at-a-loss for an EDT/EDC with which to finish-off a BBS shave... none of my collection matched or complemented my coconut-scented face.

So... I said "wotthehell" and splashed-on yet-another liberal dose of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin EDT. It seems to be growing on me. One thing I know is that it's got staying power. The last time I used it, I'd shaved mid-afternoon, and the next morning I was still smelling a lingering aroma.

Wouldn't it be funny, if I ended-up buying a bottle of it? To be fair, I've modified my ratings for Quality, Scent, and Staying Power.

Update: Yesterday (25 May 2007), I ordered a 3.4oz bottle of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin from a user on eBay, for $21.99 + $8.95 S/H. As psychotherapists are fond of saying: Shift Happens :redface:

If you purchase a cologne and initially don't like it, wait a few days and try it again. Some scents grow on you and some don't.

Top Bottom