What's new

Discussion of the Edwin Jagger Medium Silvertip Review

John,

Well done. Price range on this brush? Oh, the stand thing is no big deal. Send it to Art and he can extend the arms with duct tape.

Randy

Wow, excellent review. Great looking brush. I like the shield on it as well. Looks very English.

This brush is a serious contender for being my next purchase.

rtaylor61 said:
John,

Well done. Price range on this brush? Oh, the stand thing is no big deal. Send it to Art and he can extend the arms with duct tape.

Randy

This brush, with the current exchange rate, with shipping is $108.

Art, how much to "pimp my brush stand"? Can you put some spinners on as well?

Nice brush John. I guess the english are starting to lean more towards the light bulb shape, but I think that M&P ( German )and E&J are really all made by M&P anyway. Enjoy that stunning brush.
Cheers, DJ.

Dinder1 said:
Nice brush John. I guess the english are starting to lean more towards the light bulb shape, but I think that M&P ( German )and E&J are really all made by M&P anyway. Enjoy that stunning brush.
Cheers, DJ.

I've heard that as well. I've yet to contact them to see if it's true.

Funny, I was just thinking about one of these.... Great review and pictures. I am on the hunt for brushes lately; I have a Tulip 3 in the mail and I was considering either an EJ or Rooney for the next one (plus one more SR silvertip, of course). You have given me something to ponder.

Since you include the exchange rate, I take it that this brush must be purchased from across the pond. Is this through Edwin Jagger proper? Or is it through a company online?

Thanks.

jduffy said:
Since you include the exchange rate, I take it that this brush must be purchased from across the pond. Is this throught Edwin Jagger proper? Or is it through a company online?

Thanks.

I received mine from The English Shaving Company, which might I add is a superb vendor. They are the "official supplier" of Edwin Jagger products. If you go to the Edwin Jagger site, it does list a few US stores that carry their products. However, I don't think any of them have websites, and don't know if any stock the brushes. I haven't looked into that much. I suggest emailing Bridget to discuss what you're interested in.

Scotto said:
Funny, I was just thinking about one of these.... Great review and pictures. I am on the hunt for brushes lately; I have a Tulip 3 in the mail and I was considering either an EJ or Rooney for the next one (plus one more SR silvertip, of course). You have given me something to ponder.

Scotto, don't you know you have to just get them all?

Scotto said:

Lately??? :rolleyes:

Randy

Lyrt said:
Hello Robert,
When will you restock Edwin Jagger’s small best model? With all the fuss about it, I have to give it a try. Note: I have nothing against TESC, but I’d rather purchase it from TGS with other products to make the shipping costs worthwhile.
Best regards,
Yukio

Yukio, not that the particular brush you pointed it out isn't a good one, it's not from the same series as the one I reviewed. I think the source of the hair is different.

Lyrt said:
Hello Robert,
When will you restock Edwin Jagger’s small best model? With all the fuss about it, I have to give it a try. Note: I have nothing against TESC, but I’d rather purchase it from TGS with other products to make the shipping costs worthwhile.
Best regards,
Yukio

Hi Yukio,

Just waiting for an EJ order to arrive, probably later this month now.

Regards, Robert

John.

Superbe review, stunning beautiful pictures.....and i concur completely with what you wrote; i 'm intending to buy a second EJ silvertip EL as a result of this review......:biggrin1:

Just kiddin'of course......:biggrin:

When i got my EJ recently i immediately fell in love with this brush:001_wub:

It's a discerning little beauty in my brush arsenal and i enjoy using it very much.

Peter

I just used this brush for the first time today, I upgraded from a AOS starter kit 'Genuine Badger' brush to this, wow is all I have to say!

It made such nice lather, and I had no itchy feeling on my face at all, my face feels great right now. The only complaint I have is the nasty stench, muddled my AOS Lavender, hopefully that goes away in time. But what a great upgrade!

Top Bottom