What's new

Discovered a Gillette Single Ring in a drawer I have forgotten the details about...

Today I pulled a set out of a drawer for a go and discovered it was not the usual single ring set. I acquired it years ago when I started collecting. Can't remember a thing about it although I probably posted it here. Don't remember the year but I suspect it is British. Or not.

I can tell the set was well used since the case plating is worn in the spots your thumb rests to open the case. The razor is in good shape.

Serial number F933237 is stamped on the outside barrel although I'm not sure about the 9, I can barely make it out. No patent info, Gillette Known the World Over logo in the case, on underside of top cap, and on upper side of baseplate.

I know someone here can fill in the facts for me.
IMG_6024.jpeg
IMG_6025.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_6019.PNG
IMG_6020.jpeg

Today I pulled a set out of a drawer for a go and discovered it was not the usual single ring set. I acquired it years ago when I started collecting. Can't remember a thing about it although I probably posted it here. Don't remember the year but I suspect it is British. Or not.

I can tell the set was well used since the case plating is worn in the spots your thumb rests to open the case. The razor is in good shape.

Serial number F933237 is stamped on the outside barrel although I'm not sure about the 9, I can barely make it out. No patent info, Gillette Known the World Over logo in the case, on underside of top cap, and on upper side of baseplate.

I know someone here can fill in the facts for me. View attachment 1627126View attachment 1627127View attachment 1627123View attachment 1627128View attachment 1627125
This old thread about British Single Ring serial numbers may be of some help @HDSledge

Gillette Single Rings with British Patent Numbers - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/gillette-single-rings-with-british-patent-numbers.396922/

Thanks for the link. I haven't browsed the entire thread yet but it seems none of the info corresponds with the double logo stamps, lack of patent info, and serial number on the outside handle where the patent info usually is.

Paint me confused.

As LOTH says, ‘Shopping in the drawers is often the best!’ Congratulations!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
I've forgotten more than I remember. Time to empty the safe and look in all the drawers in the display case. I need to inventory it all and denote ~ values for my wife. If I croak unexpectedly some very special items could go for 5 bucks or less at the next church rummage sale. Egad! Gives me chill bumps just thinking about it.

I did the same thing this weekend! I was cleaning up my desk and found a box with a Black Beauty and a Red Tip in it. I have no idea why or when I put them in a box in my desk, because I keep my razors in my bathroom cabinet!

Tom

Top Bottom