• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Discontinued cheaper scents you’d like to see available again

Preferred Stock aftershave balm.
Smelled much better than the AS splash.

And, Stetson Country. It was a real shame when it was discontinued.
Never tried the Preferred Stock AS balm, but I have the AS splash and like it quite a bit. I also have never tried the Stetson Country AS, but I do like the Stetson Black AS.

You just cannot beat some of these 70s-90s vintage AS choices.

Tim

For everyone saying Jade East Vermont Country Store has it, but you might want to look elsewhere they are very expensive. For example they want $14.00 for the 6oz. Clubman

The Knize

Moderator Emeritus
Cool that Jade East is available. It used to be everywhere. I would not be surprised if it was gone for awhile and then some company or another brought it back.

Apparently now made by Regency Cosmetics and/or Songo. Apparently a lot of disagreement about how much it smells like the original, including from folks smelling the vintage and the new side-by-side.

Last edited:
Old Spice Fresh and Skin Bracer cooling blue. I still have a half filled bottle of each in the cabinet. I just loved how clean they smelled

Old Spice Fresh and Skin Bracer cooling blue. I still have a half filled bottle of each in the cabinet. I just loved how clean they smelled
I wish I hadn't finished off my Cooling Blue and kept a little back. It's a great scent and I haven't found anything else quite like it, the closest match I have is Halston's Z-14 Aftershave Splash.

I wish I hadn't finished off my Cooling Blue and kept a little back. It's a great scent and I haven't found anything else quite like it, the closest match I have is Halston's Z-14 Aftershave Splash.
Colgate/Palmolive doesn't give the love I feel the Mennen brand really deserves. I noticed Speed Stick no longer has Mennen on the label. Shelf space is a premium these days, but for the life of me I don't know why they can't make Cooling Blue available at least online on Amazon or in gift packs for father's day, christmas etc. I'd stock up on it. I splash mine on twice a year or so, I like to keep it around. I use the original all the time.

Old Spice Leather. Wore it daily in the 90's. Don't know when it was discontinued. Great stuff though.
that was a nice scent, would be nice if P&G would re release musk, lime, fresh, leather in a gift pack during the holidays, besides the classic old spice scent I'm not really a fan of anything old spice these days too much like Axe body sprays.

Chaps was a classic. Always seen as the cheaper cousin of Polo, I guess. But it was truly distinctive and a classic. So hard to find these days.