What's new

Disassembled Fatboy

I saw that. Don't think I want to bid on that one. There are several bids, already though!

Norm

I did not want to bid on it too but wanted to know if it can be done. Would like to try it on my fatboy razor, clean it oil it and put it back together. I know it can be cleaned and oiled without taking it apart but where's the fun in that. :biggrin:

Well, presumably it was assembled thusly, so you might assume it could be re-assembled similarly....

Looks perfectly re-assemblable to me. It is giving me ideas similar to Tuco in "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" -- when he walks into the gun shop and picks parts from several different guns and assembles them into a super pistol.... hmmmmm........

Disassembled my 2 Fatboys when I first got'em. Just like the way the seller has it pictured/exploded. Very simple and works just fine. Used a very narrow needlenose to do it. Nuthin to it!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Generally 1958 and 1959 are the only years that you can unscrew the control rod as pictured -Code "D" and "E". After those dates they are pressed together.

Disassembled my 2 Fatboys when I first got'em. Just like the way the seller has it pictured/exploded. Very simple and works just fine. Used a very narrow needlenose to do it. Nuthin to it!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Joy! Please oh please oh please... make a pictorial and give an explanation of each point. This would help so much!

I still don't know how to defeat the clip in the stem of a SS.

I just saw this on ebay (150137993214). Has anyone done this? If so is it easy to put it back together?

I may be wrong, but I think that there are parts missing here. I thought that the silo doors were attached to end caps, but here the doors are dis-assembled and I don't see the end caps.

Generally 1958 and 1959 are the only years that you can unscrew the control rod as pictured -Code "D" and "E". After those dates they are pressed together.

I didn't know that. I have an "F-1" that disassembles, so it could be that there was some overlap in 1960.

I may be wrong, but I think that there are parts missing here. I thought that the silo doors were attached to end caps, but here the doors are dis-assembled and I don't see the end caps.

The endcaps appear to be attached to the T-shaped mast that goes down the shaft. It also appears to be bent in that photo... wonder if they did that while disassembling it.

I didn't know that. I have an "F-1" that disassembles, so it could be that there was some overlap in 1960.

The earlier Fatboys have a hex nut on the end that is removable, the later razors it's small square and crimped on. You can grip it with needle nose pliers but it just spins and doesn't unthread. Since my F and G fatboys are very nice razors I haven't tried to force it. I had a E model which did unscrew the shaft was full of petrified shaving cream. I cleaned it up and later gave it to a friend.
I good long soak and or a boil would probably loosen any crud and make disassembly unnecessary. Bob.

:mad:
My digital camera is on the fritz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will see if I can borrow my buddy's camera this weekend and post the pics early next week

"Patience is not a virtue, it's a hurdle!"

The earlier Fatboys have a hex nut on the end that is removable, the later razors it's small square and crimped on. You can grip it with needle nose pliers but it just spins and doesn't unthread. Since my F and G fatboys are very nice razors I haven't tried to force it. I had a E model which did unscrew the shaft was full of petrified shaving cream. I cleaned it up and later gave it to a friend.
I good long soak and or a boil would probably loosen any crud and make disassembly unnecessary. Bob.

Now this is something I didn't know, I would be really interested to see the end pieces of those later fatboys if you could post a picture.

My two "D-4" 1958s and my "F-1" 1960 are identical. My slims have a "square" looking crimp, but not the fatboys.

that would make sense, the "square crimps" were added into the later models of the Fatboys and continued into the Slim models

Top Bottom