What's new

Disappointing day in St. Louis

I've been wanting to try some of the nice colognes that I've read about here, especially Penhaligon's, Truefitt & Hill, or Trumper's. With so many different scents to choose from, I really wanted to find a place that I could sample a few before making a decision.

Today I was coming driving back from a week away on business and could go out of my way a bit to swing through St. Louis for an hour or two.

I tried Nordstrom, Saks, and Neiman Marcus. None carried the brands I was really looking for.

Neiman Marcus did have Creed. I was determined not to leave empty handed, so I went through their selection. The choice came down to Green Irish Tweed or Erolfa. It was a close call, but I went for the Green Irish Tweed.

As far as I know... nobody else in my area would carry Penhaligon's, T&H, or GFT.

Best to call ahead of time to see what they have at brick and mortars.

I found this out the hard way at Nordstrom. Not all of the Nordstroms carry Truefitt & Hill. They are very nice though in that they will find what you want at another store and have it sent to them so you can come by and pick it up. I have taken advantage of this several times.

Their customer service is exemplary. I've never been called sir and mister so much in my life.

YMMV of course.

Yep... that's Ralphie from one of the all time classic holiday movies, "A Christmas Story."

Top Bottom