What's new

Disappointed

Hi guys and sorry in advance

I love this forum and I have used alot of time here discussing razors, soaps, brushed ect. I have received a kind of harsh comment from admin who deleted my tread with razors for sale for six month, claming that I have received 6 warnings all ready, it makes no sense? What kind of forum do you wish to run here? By fear? By threats? I dont like the tone in this normally super cozy forum and I feel kind of sad.

Is it a hardcore business forum here or is this about friendship and good advices?

Kind regards
Lasse

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hi guys and sorry in advance

I love this forum and I have used alot of time here discussing razors, soaps, brushed ect. I have received a kind of harsh comment from admin who deleted my tread with razors for sale for six month, claming that I have received 6 warnings all ready, it makes no sense?
Many have had threads deleted with far less than 6 occasions of not following the guidelines and being warned six times not to do it again.
After blatantly disregarding warnings for the same thing, a "time out" is normally given to help some folks remember.
I have read the message sent to you. It's not harsh in the slightest.
I think you mean you think the time out is harsh.

What kind of forum do you wish to run here? By fear? By threats? I dont like the tone in this normally super cozy forum and I feel kind of sad.
We wish to run a forum where all members act respectful, follow basic guidelines, and take requests from Moderators seriously.

Is it a hardcore business forum here or is this about friendship and good advices?
Well, to be fair, it's both. But the Mod Team is an all volunteer group and doesn't get involved in the business side.

Kind regards
Lasse
These regards do not seem to be very kind.
We are all available via PM or the "Contact Us" button on every page if a member wishes to discuss private matters.

Last edited:
claming that I have received 6 warnings all ready,

Are you disputing the six warnings? Because that sounds like something the staff would be pretty certain of. And frankly, after the second I would have considered a third infraction worthy of a temporary ban. So it seems that you have in fact been extended quite a bit of rope, which makes this forum seem quite cozy.

Good advices are only useful if they are followed. That includes warnings from the staff.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Six warnings with just 180 posts is rather high. We all make the occasional mistake in posting but averaging one in 30? Sometimes you have to appreciate that this board is still very much US oriented so US sensibilities need to be considered.

I try my best but still sometimes fail.

Maybe being logical if I had PM, or Warning from Moderator, or Forum Owner that I did not understand their message. I would personally reply with PM to person who sent warning. Asking for a explanation of warning if I could not understand.

I would not put my beef out in public, as IMHO that is just not the cool thing to do.

IIRC, one of the moderators here (possibly luvmysuper) has said that the BST forum requires more moderation than all of the other forums combined...

One of the reasons B&B is so successful is there are strict guidelines in place (particularly with the BST) in order to provide as much safety as possible for those who participate. There are no guarantees, of course, but there's also no law in any country that the moderators have to have a BST forum in the first place. It's there as a nice benefit for members and they could remove it at any time for any reason if it gets to be too much of a hassle. I'm not saying any mods have threatened to do this, of course; I'm just saying it's there for the benefit of members and doesn't cost you anything to participate.

Keeping in mind there are strict guidelines in place for the protection of all participants: I don't think it's unreasonable at all to ask members to follow the guidelines exactly or have their posts removed.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Six warnings with just 180 posts is rather high. We all make the occasional mistake in posting but averaging one in 30? Sometimes you have to appreciate that this board is still very much US oriented so US sensibilities need to be considered.

I try my best but still sometimes fail.
"To lose one parent may be considered a misfortune ... to lose two begins to look like carelessness. To lose six ... yeesh!"

--Oscar Wilde, probably

Top Bottom