What's new

Disappointed in Stirling EdT

I have been wearing a sample of Stirling's Deep Blue Sea EdT recently - a scent I love in soap and aftershave. However, I find the EdT to be very weak in terms of both longevity and projection, even when compared to other inexpensive EdT's that I am accustomed to (Davidoff, Nautica, Belcam fragrances).

This was the first EDT sample I tried from Stirling, and now I'm glad I just bought a sample. I'm disinclined to try others.

What are others' experiences with Stirling cologne? Is my experience normal or not?

I have been wearing a sample of Stirling's Deep Blue Sea EdT recently - a scent I love in soap and aftershave. However, I find the EdT to be very weak in terms of both longevity and projection, even when compared to other inexpensive EdT's that I am accustomed to (Davidoff, Nautica, Belcam fragrances).

This was the first EDT sample I tried from Stirling, and now I'm glad I just bought a sample. I'm disinclined to try others.

What are others' experiences with Stirling cologne? Is my experience normal or not?
I've only tried 3 of theirs and they vary. Agar doesn't project much and its longevity isn't great. Varen and Sandpiper seem to project pretty well, maybe Sandpiper projects further but Varen is louder from a couple feet away. In terms of longevity Sandpiper lasts most of the day and Varen lasts overnight. And that's with one spray for Varen.

I actually compared Sandpiper to the YSL frag it's based on and it wins on longevity but YSL projects more (while it lasts).

Samples are probably the safest bet, based on my experience.

I started with samples from Stirling and got the full size rambling man. Fantastic quality and longevity. Can’t beat the price of either the sample or full size. Even the best perfumeries have scents that just don’t project as much as other more potent natural materials. I’m not a huge frag head though.

To some degree, in the fragrance world, you get what you pay for. The prices of fragrance materials vary wildly based on quality. Cheap materials generally perform and smell cheap. (Not a bad thing, just reality. )

That said, creed Viking lasts about 5 minutes on my skin, so there are no absolutes, rule-wise.

I think the best balance of price/quality is getting acqua di Parma products at fragrancenet with a 30%+ off coupon.

I have Baker Street EDT. It's not my favorite scent, but the missus complimented the scent on me so I've got the soap, aftershave and EDT. It's pretty short lived.

How do you find the 30% off coupons? I think the best I've seen was 15-20% off. Thanks.

(Sorry for the diversion) :oops:
How do you find the 30% off coupons? I think the best I've seen was 15-20% off. Thanks.

When I go to the homepage, I see 25% right off the bat, with a pop up for 30% if you sign up for their emails. If you sign up, you’ll get 30% off emails like every day. Every now and then, like on holidays, you’ll get an email for 33% or 34% if you’re lucky.

look up chaosfragrances on youtube he always has links to fragrancenet with a 35% off coupon he always has the most up-to-date date code plus you don't have to sign up for anything and the the guy is always dropping fragrances that they just got in wether it be tester bottles or full presentations on his community tab. for example:

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220128-010011.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220128-010011.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
When I go to the homepage, I see 25% right off the bat, with a pop up for 30% if you sign up for their emails. If you sign up, you’ll get 30% off emails like every day. Every now and then, like on holidays, you’ll get an email for 33% or 34% if you’re lucky.
I have no idea WHY this works, but if you google "fragrancenet" and the fragrance you want and go to the link and put it in your cart, it will automatically apply a 35% coupon. Kinda odd, but it's been working for me.

Deep Blue Sea is Stirling’s take on Chanel’s Bleu de Chanel EDT. In my opinion, the original Bleu de Chanel EDT is pretty lame and although super hyped and loved by many, it is basically a skin scent very quickly. I have several Stirling EDTs and performance varies for each individual. Don’t hesitate to overspray, 20-30 sprays if needed. The tremendous value of Stirling’s juice makes it quite affordable to spray at will. You will be nose blind after a few minutes so make sure to get someone else’s opinion.

Barbershop, Evie, Faskally, Haverford, Oro Valley, and Sandalwood all have several hour longevity for me; Oro Valley lasts until I wash it off. The sillage (projection) is also good; Evie, Faskally, and Sandalwood about two hours, the others much longer. I just ordered Satsuma the other day.

Hope this helps!

I own their Varen and Glastonbury EdTs, and find both plenty strong. Maybe it is a case by case basis as to their various perfume strengths.

Their Deep Blue Sea scent is probably meant to be one of their lighter fragrances so it might not be the best one to use in judging the brand. I own two of their frags, Stirling Spice and Evergreen Forest. Spice is a tricky one for me. It lasts all day and has decent throw (people can smell it from a few feet away) but I'm not sure it's successful as an Old Spice clone (it's also not really clear they wanted to be all that accurate in "cloning" Old Spice anyway). All of that aside, I think Stirling Spice smells very good and I enjoy wearing it. Evergreen Forest on the other hand? One of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled, and a travesty as a "pine" fragrance to my nose. But again, that's just my opinion. Plenty of people like Evergreen Forest and I can totally understand that as the appreciation of any scent is very subjective!

I have their Executive Man EDT and it isn’t worth the $$$ IMO. There are many other Aventus dupes that are much better and cheaper. This seems to be the case with many of the colognes I have tried from soap makers. There are exceptions, but many should just focus on making soap and aftershave IMO.

I have Executive man and it lasts about as long as an EDT is supposed to last about 3 hours. To help it last, I use the Executive man balm as a base first.

Most of the reviewers of Deep blue sea said it lasted them 3-4 hours on the web site. Maybe you got a bad batch or since everyone's skin is different, that particular scent isn't a good match for you.

I wouldn't condemn the whole line of EDT from Stirling on one sample of one fragrance. I frankly have never had good luck with samples being a good representative of a full bottle. I don't know if it's because there is no atomizer or what the deal is.

I have seen samples of the actual perfume it's a clone of online you might try one of them and see how it works out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom