What's new

Dirty soaps! Soaps that smell dirty?

So ..... Chiseled Face Summer Storm. I love the stuff. I love the lather and how it feels of course, but I really love the hot pavement after rain mixed with grass clippings from under your mower scent.

Mudder Focker is way up there on my want to try list, but what other dirt/ozone/yard waste/decaying leaves soaps are out there?

Ballenclaugh Thunder & Linen (might be known as "Linen & Petco" in my house :laugh: ) has a petrichor scent, possibly similar to Summer Storm, but I've not tried CFSS to say.

There's PAA Dirt. Smells exactly like garden soil.

And maybe not dirty, per say, but L&L Grooming Final Frontier has a certain unique funk - seared beef, gunpowder, brake pads.

You mentioned Mudder Focker, but that's a oud cologne scent - not dirty at all IMO.

If you're into dirty, then Cyril R. Salter's French Vetiver will have you vomiting everywhere! :p

See if you can find a tub of Barrister and Mann's Roam soap. It smelled like leather, tobacco, and grass, and was probably the manliest thing that I have ever smelled. Very outdoorsy!

My initial impressions of Barrister and Mann's Lavanille was vanilla scented topsoil. I've been going through a tub of it and I've become used to it and it now has a more vanilla scent, but I think you might like it.

Also, B&M has said that they're going to have a limited release of their early scent, Petrichor next spring. Although I've not smelled it, I imagine it's right up your (and my) alley. You should keep your eye out.

P.S. Summer Storm was the soap that changed my view of what could be done with scents. Love it!

Summer Storm is a top soap for me. Great scent and performance. Sherlock has similar dirty undertones to me.
As mentioned, some vetivers are kinda dirty smelling also. Cyril R. Salter? Sounds nice - might have to try this one - thanks!
If you can find B&M Diamond, you might like that one.
For a bit cleaner grassy scent SCS Fairway is quite nice and I found the scent addictive.
Good luck!

I love CF Summer Storm. I don't get a "dirty" sense from it, though their scents are all very earthy in general. If you want "dirty" try CF's "Cedar and Spice" you can smell the cedar chips, as though you were liking the ground at a tree farm, and everything you are wearing instantly turns to flannel.

That's how I felt about Lavanille as well but initially had a hard time getting the vanilla. When I put the splash on top of it that's when I understood it. Wanted to throw it out when I first opened it but now its easily in my top 5.

My vote for the best ditry scent goes to Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish, it has the scent of peat Moss and very earthy and dirty but in a good kind of way. Very strong scent asleep well.

This scent is not for everyone so I would recomend getting a sample first. Plus the sample lasts a long time since it is a hard soap.

Another dirty scent is Mickey Lee Ruby's Green, smells like a tomato garden but in a wonderful fresh kind of way. Unlike anything else out there.

FYI Razorock MF is not a dirty scent. I found it sweet & cologne-like.

As others have said Cyril Salter's French Vetiver is a robust earthy vetiver, not one for the faint hearted.

Jabonman Tierra Humeda translates as "Wet Earth" and it really delivers on the name!

Nanny's Silly Soap - Vetiver is another great earthy, damp vetiver scent.

My vote for the best ditry scent goes to Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish, it has the scent of peat Moss and very earthy and dirty but in a good kind of way. Very strong scent asleep well.

This scent is not for everyone so I would recomend getting a sample first. Plus the sample lasts a long time since it is a hard soap.

Another dirty scent is Mickey Lee Ruby's Green, smells like a tomato garden but in a wonderful fresh kind of way. Unlike anything else out there.

I have Strong 'n Scottish, but I smell only a well-aged, peaty, single-malt scotch. Perhaps because I spend more time with scotch than peat moss, but who knows?

P.S. Nothing like coating my face with scotch lather in the morning--love it!

Last edited:
If you just want nasty smelling, I have a tub of Stirling Bonaparte. I don't
even use it because it smells so bad.

Top Bottom