What's new

Dirt cheap wet shaving

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
While nothing I use might constitute dirt cheap, even my TOBS soap, PIRs in the DE89, and the 800 ml jug of 4711 are quite affordable considering that a cake of soap lasts close to a year, a 100 blades lasts two years, and a jug of 4711 lasts a year. Admittedly my BK4 was a splurge, but it should last me the rest of my life given that I am 71 and its predecessor served me over thirty years. As long as you can avoid collecting razors, blades, soaps, creams, pre-shaves, after shaves, colognes, alum blocks, etc. this is an inexpensive way to shave. If you turn to an acquirer it is still a relatively affordable hobby.

Not today’s shave (which was likely well over $150) but last week at the cottage I went about as cheap as I possibly could with what I own...

Razor: Lord L6 - $7
Soap: Williams Mug - $1
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar - $4
Blade: Lord SS - Free with Lord razor - $0

$17 total.

Would have been a great shave but the blade isn't my favourite.

Of course I prefer my fancy artisan soaps, aftershaves, nice blades and expensive razors, but my cheap stuff works just fine.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic €19.50

Cream: Proraso Ever-Green €1.99

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89KN14BL €29.90

Blade: Gillette Nacet €0.23

Aftershave: Allume di Rocca €1.99
Proraso Ever-Green €4.99

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Cream: Proraso Red €1.99

Proraso Red €4.99

Cream: Proraso Red €1.99

Proraso Red €4.99
Marco,

What does a 150g tub of Proraso soap cost in Italy out of curiosity? They are $9 in Canada ($6.75USD).

Brush: Proraso Pro Omega (boar) €7

Soap: Haslinger Sheep Milk €6.80

Aftershave: Proraso Blue AS Balm €9.90

1602260563975.png

I'm not sure if my weapon of choice for today would be considered cheap, so I didn't list it. It was my Feather AC SS, loaded with Pro Super blade.

The shave nonetheless was exceptional. A mild scent of Haslinger Sheep Milk pairs superbly with almost scentless Proraso Blue balm. Both give GREAT post-shave feel.

Top Bottom