What's new

Direction for Newbie on a brush

Can someone please point me in the direction of the best brush for the money? Biggest bang for the buck. I am a newbie and need a nice brush without having to spend over 25.00. Is there such a brush??

Thanks!

That all depends on what you're looking for, honestly. Do you already have a brush? If so, what do you like and dislike about it? How do you currently lather? Any information you can share with us will help to get you pointed in the right direction.

Omega makes some Boar's in that price range. You honestly can't go wrong with them and starting out with a Boar is fine. Later you can move to a badger if need be, which I'm sure you will chose to do.

Most (all) my boar brushes are under $25 and I love them all. Semogue and Omega are the two brush makers I'd be checking out if I were in your shoes.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
For the under $25 category - go with a nice boar from Omega or Semogue. The Semogue 610 is one of my favorites.

Well I guess I might as well go ahead and chip in with my two cents. As the previous posters mentioned, you can get one heckuva boar for around $25. That said, I don't love boars. That could be due to my preference for softer tips in my brush, or it could be due to the fact that boars hoard water and mine's crazy hard. That said, they just aren't my cuppa. For my money, the best bang for the buck in shaving brushes is the Whipped Dog Silvertip. Larry will sell you a 20mm, 22mm, or 24mm Silvertip brush for $30 that can compete with a whole lot of brushes at three times the price. I don't know anyone who's ever been disappointed by his brushes. Me personally, I'd go for a 24mm knot set at a 5omm loft as a great all arounder that can handle soaps, creams, bowl lathering, and face lathering. I know it's $5 more than you budgeted, but it's a Silvertip brush with a very comfortable (and pretty good looking!) handle. You won't regret it.

Top Bottom