What's new

Direct from Simpsons

Question for guys who’ve ordered directly from Simpsons to ship to the US. Do they ship in a proper box, or a padded envelope? Is VAT deducted? Any issues with US Customs and/or fish and wildlife? Any brokerage fees assessed by the courier service? Considering placing an order but wanted to check with y’all. TIA!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The brush comes in its own little box, and then that box is protected with bubble wrap or something in a larger box. They usually include a tin of their now discontinued shaving cream. It is outstanding. Never had a problem with US Customs, and I've probably bought 8 or more Simpsons direct from Man. The cost of shipping has skyrocketed of late through no fault of Simpsons. The USPS is responsible. So now, on the Simpsons' site, what was once the rapid and more expensive mode of shipping is now the cheaper method. Usually takes between 7-12 days from order to delivery, although their entire operation is on holiday from now through New Year's Day. And no VAT outside the UK/Euro zone. That gets deducted automatically when your USA address is plugged in.

What brush are you considering?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Awesome reply! Possibly the “Black Knight”. 😄
I just looked it up- that's a handsome Chubby 2! I also saw that the Chubby 3 Manch in butterscotch is the same price right now. That'd be too much brush for me...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have thought about buying a Simpson Brush straight from Simpson but the conversion rate is the killer. Changing £English pounds to $Australian dollars is wicked.

I have thought about buying a Simpson Brush straight from Simpson but the conversion rate is the killer. Changing £English pounds to $Australian dollars is wicked.
Same with Canadian $$$. It sucks.

I wouldn’t buy anything from Simpson direct that wasn’t on sale or exclusive. Silvertip, Manchurian, coloured handles, etc. They are MUCH more expensive for the standard Best, Super and synthetic ivory brushes.

I have a Silvertip Classic, M7 Manchurian and M7 Synthetic in my cart and will likely buy all 3 in the near future as they are on sale/not available thru retailers.

I’m not trying to dissuade you, just don’t want your expectations to not be met. It is a great brush.

I tend to like the less scrubby brushes, so I really appreciate your input. Besides, it’s a nice chunk of change to part with and then find out it’s not what I’d hoped for - a blind date of sorts with a chubby ☺️

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I tend to like the less scrubby brushes, so I really appreciate your input. Besides, it’s a nice chunk of change to part with and then find out it’s not what I’d hoped for - a blind date of sorts with a chubby ☺

Simpson’s most soft and luxurious hair is their 2 Band SiLVERTiP in my experience. Good backbone, though not as much as the Manchurian, with much softer tips. My Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP is my “Baby Bear” Chubby that’s just right.

On
Same with Canadian $$$. It sucks.

I wouldn’t buy anything from Simpson direct that wasn’t on sale or exclusive. Silvertip, Manchurian, coloured handles, etc. They are MUCH more expensive for the standard Best, Super and synthetic ivory brushes.

I have a Silvertip Classic, M7 Manchurian and M7 Synthetic in my cart and will likely buy all 3 in the near future as they are on sale/not available thru retailers.
On the otherhand using the Sterling/ US dollar exchange rate to our advantage, the last time I looked it was much cheaper to order Kent B12 directly from Kent and convert the Sterling price to dollars than pay directly in dollars in the USA.
That is of course if you wish to purchase a Kent brush!
The reference is to exchange rates and the advantages and disadvantages of buying directly overseas,not comparing Simpson to Kent.

I always buy direct and have never had an issue buying that way. You may want to contact Mark at Simpsons and see if he will allow you to have the newer formula shave cream, which is absolutely fantastic. My last brush, Duke 3 Manchurian in Sapphire arrived in a record 5-days from date of order. VAT is removed manually when Shiela sends your invoice. I got a lovely tin of Limes Shave cream when I ordered the last brush, and it is wonderfully decadent.

To date I've ordered:
Duke 3 in Faux Sapphire Manchurian

Eagle G3 custom in Faux Ruby Manchurian

Eagle G3 custom in Faux ebony Manchurian

CH3 in Faux Ebony aka Black Knight Manchurian this is a beast and my favorite Chubby

CH3 in Faux Ivory aka White Knight in 2-band Silvertip

M7 in Butterscotch Manchurian

Persian Jar 3 in Disco Manchurian

CH2 Faux Bone in Super

Eagle G3 Pure

Needless to say, I have too many tins of shave cream, haha.

I love their brushes.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Keep in mind the “Dark Knight” is a beast of a brush. It is a scrubbing machine, not a soft and pampering experience. That said, I love mine. I also bought it direct.
Mine is so dense it can't help but be soft. I suppose if I actually pushed it could be scrubby. It's actually the most formidable brush I own.

And did I mention they hold their value? I have Simpson brushes I've bought and sold for just about the same, if not more, such as my Astor, which quickly became a collector's edition. QE II 90th was the same, as was a lovely Commodore in Faux Wood.

Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom