What's new

dipped toe and slipped

Well after about three months using my final disposable, I finally took the plunge. How'd I do?

-Merkul Classic 1904
-Vulfix 1000A Pure Badger
-Bond Street Shaving Cream Bown, Sandalwood
-some Wilkonson Sword and Polsilver Super Iridium

I have a fair complexion (Dutch) with a not so coarse beard. Any tips for my new endeavor, especially relative to soaps vs. creams; face vs. bowl lather and blades.

Thanks.

Welcome to B&B.

For a good starting off point look at the information at read this thread. The information there will direct you to where you can get answers to most of your shaving questions. Plus, it’s always a good idea to read the wikis and stickies. And, don’t forget; if you have any questions just ask. :smile:

Welcome to B&B's fantastic forum!! You are off to a great start!! I would suggest you start trying different creams and / or soaps.

Welcome to B&B.

For a good starting off point look at the information at read this thread. The information there will direct you to where you can get answers to most of your shaving questions. Plus, it’s always a good idea to read the wikis and stickies. And, don’t forget; if you have any questions just ask. :smile:
+1 and welcome

Welcome! Get some samples (blades, creams, aftershaves) to help you figure out what you like. It's fun trying new things :001_smile

Well after about three months using my final disposable, I finally took the plunge. How'd I do?

-Merkul Classic 1904
-Vulfix 1000A Pure Badger
-Bond Street Shaving Cream Bown, Sandalwood
-some Wilkonson Sword and Polsilver Super Iridium

I have a fair complexion (Dutch) with a not so coarse beard. Any tips for my new endeavor, especially relative to soaps vs. creams; face vs. bowl lather and blades.

Thanks.
I face lather, it's more of a functional thing for me.

Welcome to B&B.

+1 and welcome.
For the soaps vs creams, face vs bowl vs palm lathering, and especially the blades, you have to try in order to see what works for you.
When I started, I liked the bowl more, as I found face lathering messy. Now I almost exclusively face lather without making the tiniest mess. Just try them all and decide for yourself.
PS: Nice kit.

Some good advice above, I don't think anyone has mentioned yet but try to stick with the razor you bought for a while so that you can learn good technique, then if RAD sets in, just go with it :)

Hello and welcome to B&B. Great to have you here. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Sirs,

Thanks for all of the advise and warm welcomes. It has arrived, and I must say that I am very pleased with West Coast Shaving and the USPS. I ordered my starter kit on Friday and received it last night! I am very pleased with all of the products. The Mekur Classic 1904 feels great in the hand, and both me and (more importantly) my wife really liked the Taylor OBS Sandalwood. I am headed to Walgreens after work to pick up some Pinaud Clubman (hopefully they will have it) then, off to shave!!! Whoever thought shaving could produce such emotions-and I haven't even started! Wish me luck. Will keep posted.

Sirs,

Thanks for all of the advise and warm welcomes. It has arrived, and I must say that I am very pleased with West Coast Shaving and the USPS. I ordered my starter kit on Friday and received it last night! I am very pleased with all of the products. The Mekur Classic 1904 feels great in the hand, and both me and (more importantly) my wife really liked the Taylor OBS Sandalwood. I am headed to Walgreens after work to pick up some Pinaud Clubman (hopefully they will have it) then, off to shave!!! Whoever thought shaving could produce such emotions-and I haven't even started! Wish me luck. Will keep posted.
I still get emotional. Keep us updated.

Top Bottom