What's new

Dior's Eau Sauvage and Sauvage... are they the same with only a name change?

Yes, they are different.

Sauvage gets my vote by the way. Far better performance for me. A versatile fragrance that gets a ton of compliments. Eau Sauvage belongs in a different era IMHO.

Completely different. I recommend getting your nose on both. Eau Sauvage is a classic warm weather fragrance from the 60s. Sauvage is new, and smells nothing like ES. Sauvage was a no go for me, but I have revisited it several times, and I actually enjoy it now.

As it’s been stated, both are completely different. I was at the mall with my 16 year old daughter yesterday and we went into Sephora. While she was doing her thing I stepped over to the men’s fragrances and was able to put my nose to both. When my daughter was finished grabbing the makeup she wanted she came over to where I was and I had her smell both. She immediately wrinkled her nose at the Eau Suavage, but loved the new one. I thought the ES smelled pretty good myself and I really like the new one.

Can't recall where I read it, but one reviewer disgustingly wrote about Sauvage:

"So, APPARENTLY, Johnny Depp smells like sawdust and lemon Pledge.."..I get a chuckle out of that! :D

I just picked up the Belcam version of Sauvage called Primitive Man at Walmart. For 8$ it's awesome, but I consider it a Mellinial fragrance. It's linear and definitely in the Axe genre of shower gel type scents, clean, inoffensive and unimaginative.

I used Eau Sauvage exclusively as my only aftershave for 20 years. Love it still as does my wife and my 20 yr old daughter. Also have the EdT however unforunately has no staying power what so ever. Never tried the Sauvage but have read poor reviews of it.

Very different, of course. The ES very old school and classic, so you have to be in that frame of mind. My impression is that the Sauvage was hugely successful and at this point is over-exposed. I find it hard to knock either.

Eau Sauvage is a 60s classic considered a masterpiece by many. It's known to be a very good citrus based scent but many report that good as it is, it is very fleeting.

Sauvage is a modern scent released in 2015 and aimed at the more youthful consumers. It seems to be heavily favored by the "clubbers" right now. Which is not to say you should avoid it if you like it. It's got contemporary sensibilities and is anecdotally a "compliment getter."

gunny badger's daughter is a case in point contrasting the two.

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I accidentally bought Sauvage (I meant to buy ES) and I didn't like it. But my wife did and so she wears it. Go figure.

Top Bottom