What's new

Dior Fahrenheit

I need your help here, guys. I had no idea that Fahrenheit was in production until I saw it at Walmart for $50. My wife would say I need another fragrance like I need a hole in my head, but I am nonetheless intrigued.

I had a sample bottle around 1991, and I have a hazy memory if it. But I really liked it. Later on, Brut Actif Blue became my teenage favorite. That was discontinued only after a few years, but I have a hunch these two scents have something in common.

Like many of you, I get preoccupied with nostalgic scents of my past. Does anyone know whether my hunch is correct? Does the current Fahrenheit smell like it did in the 80'-90's? I'd like to know what you think before I drop 50 dollars on it. Thanks!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Walmart may not be cheapest ... Check around. I have Fahrenheit and pretty sure that I got it for less.

Cannot say if it's the same from back then, but it has a serious punch! Worth having in the aresenal.

AA

Walmart may not be cheapest ... Check around. I have Fahrenheit and pretty sure that I got it for less.

Cannot say if it's the same from back then, but it has a serious punch! Worth having in the aresenal.

AA
Thanks! It's been on the list for a long time.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I apply my POLO at 415 am, and it's still jammin at 3:30 in the afternoon. :cornut:

Agree! That's another!

But most colognes these days cannot stay in the fight ... Their oakmoss denied by EU nannies, and watered down by bean counters. Luckily there is vintage ...

AA

The current stuff has been reformulated several times since it came out, but I still love the current stuff. You may be able to find it for cheaper on the discount fragrance sites.

If you like Fahrenheit, you may like a clone which smells around 98% the same. It even had the gasoline like smell at the start. It is Beverly Hills 90210 "Metal Jeans Man" you may want to check on basenotes for it. I sprayed it on one arm and my old bottle of Fahrenheit on the other and find it very similar. The great thing is "Metal Jeans Man" is very cheap on line. However, I just looked and it is hard to find and what I found was around $24 or more. It is a good clone, but not sure if I would pay that much anymore. I bought it at $12 earlier this year. I guess the word got out.

Look on fragrantica for Beverly Hills 90210 Metal Jeans Man by Torand

If you like Fahrenheit, you may like a clone which smells around 98% the same. It even had the gasoline like smell at the start. It is Beverly Hills 90210 "Metal Jeans Man"...

Similar, but I find that Metal Jeans Man lacks the leather note of Fahrenheit. You can get around that by layering Metal Jeans Man with a leather scent. I use Nicole Miller for Men.

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. Fahrenheit and its spin offs will have to wait. My dog got pneumonia to the tune of $2000! So I'll have to love the collection I already have.

I was going to say that I checked out the new version at a duty free shop at an airport a year or so ago, and I thought it was fine. I'm still using a vintage bottle that I picked up when a local department store went out of business recently and cleared out their forgotten bottles behind the counter. I suppose there's some difference, but not that much.

Hope your dog is feeling better soon!

I was going to say that I checked out the new version at a duty free shop at an airport a year or so ago, and I thought it was fine. I'm still using a vintage bottle that I picked up when a local department store went out of business recently and cleared out their forgotten bottles behind the counter. I suppose there's some difference, but not that much.

Hope your dog is feeling better soon!
Thank you, Nid Hog. She's hanging in there. She's gotta have several days of labored breathing before the antibiotics kick in, I think.

Nice find on the Fahrenheit!

I went ahead and ordered a Fahrenheit scented oil clone for $6.00. I have had great luck with knockoffs, and at least I will get some idea if it's for me or not. My Hai Karate oil is one of my favorites, and it's not like Leeming is making any more!
proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Aww! Cute pup. Fingers crossed for speedy recovery. Cologne can wait.

We have a free cat with a $1,000 leg, but that's another story ...

AA

Well I just got my Fahrenheit knockoff oil and it's excellent. I have a special, deep down affection for clone scents. I know they can be imperfect, maybe even a little wrong sometimes. But I just feel like somebody worked hard to perfect something enigmatic and they priced it so that I am able to afford it and enjoy it too. It's always nice and I'm grateful, sort of like when a friend would make a tape of an album I didnt have the money for.

I had a sample vial of this around 1991, 27 flippin years ago, and this oil smells EXACTLY like it! Love it! For six bucks it is absolutely magic. Glad I did it. I thought it suited me when I was in 6th grade and I still do now.

I guess when you combine the scent with the first burst of alcohol, I can see it smelling like gasoline. Floral gasoline, I guess. But gasoline has a toxic note in it that this scent absolutely does not. So I am gonna politely disagree. It wouldn't have entered my mind if other people hadn't said it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well I just got my Fahrenheit knockoff oil and it's excellent. I have a special, deep down affection for clone scents. I know they can be imperfect, maybe even a little wrong sometimes. But I just feel like somebody worked hard to perfect something enigmatic and they priced it so that I am able to afford it and enjoy it too. It's always nice and I'm grateful, sort of like when a friend would make a tape of an album I didnt have the money for.

I had a sample vial of this around 1991, 27 flippin years ago, and this oil smells EXACTLY like it! Love it! For six bucks it is absolutely magic. Glad I did it. I thought it suited me when I was in 6th grade and I still do now.

I guess when you combine the scent with the first burst of alcohol, I can see it smelling like gasoline. Floral gasoline, I guess. But gasoline has a toxic note in it that this scent absolutely does not. So I am gonna politely disagree. It wouldn't have entered my mind if other people hadn't said it.

(Avoid the EAB scents, then.)

Fahrenheit makes for an interesting day! You never forget you have it on, that's for sure. Special occasion cologne.

AA

Top Bottom