What's new

Dino Manger

It's only my wife and I, and I don't care about having a Christmas Tree, as long as our manger is up. Since covid we haven't seen a daughter, 3 adult grandkids and a gg-son (now 8) that are all now living in 4 different States. I still have a box of toys (dinosaurs, green army men and cars) that the gg-son used to play with at our house. Today I decided to do some substitutions to our manger, and my wife sent it out to family with the question "Find the 4 figures not commonly found in a Nativity scene". The gg-son loved it and was first to reply. The other family members enjoyed it too. It was a spur of the moment thing. If I had thought of it earlier, I'd have added more dino's and a 1954 Godzilla figure. Maybe next year. Don't be offended, the shepherds are now back in time for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holiday to all.

Dino Manger.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's only my wife and I, and I don't care about having a Christmas Tree, as long as our manger is up. Since covid we haven't seen a daughter, 3 adult grandkids and a gg-son (now 8) that are all now living in 4 different States. I still have a box of toys (dinosaurs, green army men and cars) that the gg-son used to play with at our house. Today I decided to do some substitutions to our manger, and my wife sent it out to family with the question "Find the 4 figures not commonly found in a Nativity scene". The gg-son loved it and was first to reply. The other family members enjoyed it too. It was a spur of the moment thing. If I had thought of it earlier, I'd have added more dino's and a 1954 Godzilla figure. Maybe next year. Don't be offended, the shepherds are now back in time for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holiday to all.

View attachment 1577108
I'm sure the risen Lord smiles when an 8 year old and his great grandfather connects over a Nativity set. Love it my friend. May you and yours look for the blessings this Season.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

View attachment 1577108
Merry Christmas, Brian.

To share a story from years ago when our children were young. My wife was setting up for the first time a wooden Nativity gifted by her mother, reading appropriate biblical references as the pieces were brought out and set in place.

She realized her efforts were of limited effect when one son picked up a palm tree, threw up the baby Jesus, and used the tree as a bat to send the bambino divino across the room.

A story still told with affection as we are gathered around the table this time of year.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
To share a story from years ago when our children were young. My wife was setting up for the first time a wooden Nativity gifted by her mother, reading appropriate biblical references as the pieces were brought out and set in place.

She realized her efforts were of limited effect when one son picked up a palm tree, threw up the baby Jesus, and used the tree as a bat to send the bambino divino across the room.

A story still told with affection as we are gathered around the table this time of year.
This is hilarious. I got to spend the evening with my great nieces and nephew tonight. Watching them run and slide on hardwood floors and nearly crash into the tree made my night. Lol, it is obvious that I have no grandkids, as they were much too loud for my sister!

Of course, as I remember, I was much too loud for her back in the day myself! It's nice to know that I will be able to bug her even when I'm not around, by our shared gene pool....

Really nice nativity set!

Bit of trivia...the Wisemen were wearing fireman suits when they arrived in Bethlehem.

They came from afar

Our 2 girls born in the 70s and 80s loved playing with the Nativity sets we had back then. We'd have to hide baby Jesus until Christmas because one daughter would hide him for herself.

Top Bottom