What's new

Dinner guests who don't eat...

You know what doesn't have gluten? Rib eyes. So, make rib eye with a side of rib eye, with rib eye for dessert. Sorry, I was just thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery :lol:
oddly enough, that's just about what it's like eating at my brothers house (he's celiac-gluten free). He serves up a lot of steak.

I once bought gluten-free bread just to see if it was all that bad...it is!

I truly pity those really afflicted with celiacs, but at least now it can be properly diagnosed and managed.

We get over this issue by simply not inviting people over for dinner! :lol:

Seriously, we try to give our friends a heads up as to what food to expect, so that they have enough time to complain and/or make alternate arrangements.

I grew up in a house where the food I was too picky to eat for dinner was placed in the refrigerator and served to me the next morning for breakfast. Therefore, I have developed very little sympathy for pickiness. I'm happy to accommodate legitimate medical/religious/ethical restrictions, and even the occasional quirky dislike. However, I'm not gonna make a bowl of mac-and-cheese because somebody finds dinner unappetizing. :chef::nono:

We get over this issue by simply not inviting people over for dinner! :lol:

Seriously, we try to give our friends a heads up as to what food to expect, so that they have enough time to complain and/or make alternate arrangements.

I grew up in a house where the food I was too picky to eat for dinner was placed in the refrigerator and served to me the next morning for breakfast. Therefore, I have developed very little sympathy for pickiness. I'm happy to accommodate legitimate medical/religious/ethical restrictions, and even the occasional quirky dislike. However, I'm not gonna make a bowl of mac-and-cheese because somebody finds dinner unappetizing. :chef::nono:

One could always stock up on frozen pizzas and microwaveable mac'n cheese meals for those occasions xD

Top Bottom