What's new

dilemma

ok,recently i've been interested in trying proraso,since i've been hearing that it's a legend in
the shaving world and i've stopped using canned foam

but i've had a bit of a dilemma, i have sensitive skin and that means that green is out, sandalwood i don't like so red's out
you might say well there's proraso white which is supposed to be for sensitive skin, but soap dries out my face and i have no interest in getting the white foam, since i've started using brushes and bowls, i can't go back to canned foam as that's a step down after using the bowl and brush,but my last shaving soap left my skin dry

which means my only feasible option at the point is proraso blue in cream form, which has aloe and vitamin e which is very skin friendly, i'm thinking about getting two tubes soon.

should i pull the trigger

I'd say try it. I haven't tried the blue but I'd like to. I'd try some samples of different creams and see what you like. You might be surprised at how many creams will work with sensitive skin.

Yes, get the Blue in a tube. Also get the White in a tub. Yes, I read where soaps dry you out. Proraso in a tub isn't really a soap, it's a croap or a thick cream. I'm so not a fan of shaving soaps. You know what I am a fan of? Proraso in a tub, because they are sooo unsoaplike.

Also, if you've got facial irritation, White is like putting your face in a bowl of oatmeal made with green tea. Yes, I know that sounds horrible. It probably would be in real life, but this isn't real life, this is shaving.

You might want to broaden your horizons and look at some other soft Italians soaps in the same price range. RazorRock, Cella, Vitos, Valbora etc are great performers as well and may be better for you skin.

Never under estimate the cheap side either, go to a drug store and get the Nivea Sensitive. Wonderful little cream that holds up well compared to my tube Proraso's.

I saw the Nivea Sensitive in my local Rite Aid. I'm afraid to try it because the Nivea Sensitive Balm gives me hives. It's funny that I should have a reaction to a "sensitive" product and nothing else but never the less.

I saw the Nivea Sensitive in my local Rite Aid. I'm afraid to try it because the Nivea Sensitive Balm gives me hives. It's funny that I should have a reaction to a "sensitive" product and nothing else but never the less.

Same here mate, I used the Nivea Sensitive Balm and had a massive breakout.

Got a tube of the shaving cream lying about that I'll try sometime when I get the courage!

I have VERY sensitive and dry skin and the Proraso products are some of the only creams and soaps (really croaps) that do not cause me any irritation or sensitivity, even with daily use. I've used all their creams and soaps, Red, Blue, Green and White, without issue (I've not used the Yellow foam in the can).

I don't have a lot, but my Proraso White soap can't really be compared to my hard soaps. I'd call it a cream more than a soap, and I haven't experienced any drying/irritation with it, as I have with some of the hard soaps. I think you could safely give that one a go, if you have sensitive skin and want to try Proraso. The scent is very mild and neutral (a bit boring), but it performs great.

Unpopular opinion but i personally say skip proraso all together and move on to better creams and i have tried the full proraso line and now i have this :lol: well there is more this is just the 1 picture i have:thumbup1:
$DSC06416.jpg

I also have sensitive skin, but the Prorasso green does not bother me. I love it. Maybe you can find a way to try it anyway if you haven't.

ok,recently i've been interested in trying proraso,since i've been hearing that it's a legend in
the shaving world and i've stopped using canned foam

but i've had a bit of a dilemma, i have sensitive skin and that means that green is out, sandalwood i don't like so red's out
you might say well there's proraso white which is supposed to be for sensitive skin, but soap dries out my face and i have no interest in getting the white foam, since i've started using brushes and bowls, i can't go back to canned foam as that's a step down after using the bowl and brush,but my last shaving soap left my skin dry

which means my only feasible option at the point is proraso blue in cream form, which has aloe and vitamin e which is very skin friendly, i'm thinking about getting two tubes soon.

should i pull the trigger

I think you would be wise buying a cream with aloe and Vitamin E. If it should have a drying effect on your face, use more water.

Top Bottom