What's new

Digital Photography Primer (or how to post pix of your shaving gear)

Ok, a tad late on the answer.........

In the gallery, click on the image you want to delete. In the upper right corner of the pane, there is a heading that says "Image Tools". Click on it and you will see an option to "edit Image". Click on it and you will have the opportunity to delete the image.

Thank you Jerry! :biggrin:

I hadn't seen this Sticky before. Thanks, Jerry. Great write-up. I was wondering how to get that Badger & Blade lettering on my pics.

Not sure Manuel.........it's not something I did. My guess is it's something Nick has done behind the scenes for the tutorial pix. Nick???

Every time you upload an image on your personal gallery, B&B adds its signature. My only complaint is it lowers the quality of the jpg.

Every time you upload an image on your personal gallery, B&B adds its signature. My only complaint is it lowers the quality of the jpg.

Lowers the quality with the stamping, or lowers the quality of the picture pixel wise?

Basically we added the B&B brand stamping to photos in the gallery, as we were/do/are getting a TON of direct image links served by us to other sites (IE users posting pics elsewhere, as well as OTHER sites basically taking image links and such) so we figured if we were paying for the images (IE for other sites to have img src= links so that WE actually host the image on THEIR site) we might as well let people know where they came from, so if they liked 'em we might convert a few Mach 3'ers :biggrin:

If it is a quality issue (as in pixel or image quality) please let me know and I'll see if anything can be done. :smile:

It lowers the overall quality of the picture, though it’s not visible on every of them. I think what the process does is superpose a transparent layer with the B&B logo on the original file and then merge them. I think the default level of jpg compression is at fault.

Of course, this is spoiled child nit-picking.

Not sure Manuel.........it's not something I did. My guess is it's something Nick has done behind the scenes for the tutorial pix. Nick???

Yeah, that was what I meant. I wasn't asking how you did it, Jerry. I was simply wondering why some pictures on posts had the B&B and some (like mine) didn't. But if indeed the image quality suffers, however, I might add my own stamp.

It lowers the overall quality of the picture, though it’s not visible on every of them. I think what the process does is superpose a transparent layer with the B&B logo on the original file and then merge them. I think the default level of jpg compression is at fault.

Of course, this is spoiled child nit-picking.

The watermark file that superimposes "BadgerAndBlade.com" is no bigger than the actual text. The program that processes the file when you upload it automatically takes the quality level of the jpg down to '80'. We're transferring close to 200 gigs per month (increasing steadily). We're not hurting for space, or for bandwidth, but it's important to take precautions to make sure we can maximize our resources.

I've upped the quality level to '90' and added another two upload boxes (for those that upload multiple pictures at once). This change won't affect already uploaded pictures, but it will apply to all newly uploaded photos. If you still notice a problem, feel free to raise this issue in the site feedback forum. :smile:

-Nick

Awesome tutorial Jerry--very well done, thanks.

Now if I could only get those pesky bottles and tubs to arrange themselves instead of making me do all the work!

know any wrestling coaches in edmond. rick bollenbach. old friend of mine great guy.

Thanks for the write up.

I use an Olympus C770UZ, and a cheapo modded 8inch tripod with extendable legs.

I am going to make a DIY light box sometime soon, i love the really white background style.

Jerry . . Great information. I love photography, so this is very helpful. Sinve I'm new I don't know all the jargon yet. Could you tell me what SOTD means? Thanks.

id like to continue to improve the quality of the photo's im taking.

what is a nice post production download that would be on the simple side for fast learning??

also, im having a tough time changing the size of the photos. it seems no matter what i change them to on my computer, once they hit B&B they are all the same size.

thanks for any all help and critic's.

id like to continue to improve the quality of the photo's im taking.

what is a nice post production download that would be on the simple side for fast learning??

also, im having a tough time changing the size of the photos. it seems no matter what i change them to on my computer, once they hit B&B they are all the same size.

thanks for any all help and critic's.

Try picasa.

I would like to add something here.
There is no excuse for a blurry photo.

Digital images cost nothing at all, and if it comes out blurry, bin it, and take another one.

I tend to take 3-4 pics at a time, just to make sure that I have one good one.
On film, since you get no second chances, you tend to take your time a bit more.

If you do not have a tripod, set the camera on something stable, and adjust your subject to fit in frame, then use the delay function.

Top Bottom