What's new

Digital Food Scales

My scale has vanished, so time to replace. What have you got that you like? What have you got that you don't like? Looking forward to some great replies!

RT

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
This Eat Smart has served me very well for some time. I would like something that would show half or even tenths of a gram, but I just don't seem to want to replace this.

20190814_210331.jpg

I've three, the smallest measures to 1/100g, second one 1/10g - 500g max, the biggest measures in 1g increments to 5kg. The issue i have with the larger two is that they shut off after a minute if the scale hasn't been active and lots of times i'll be in the process of measuring cumulative total and miss the cutoff, can be a pain to start over.

No idea on what brands are worth searching for. Have had the larger two quite few years the smallest which gets the least use a couple years, it's a random brand from Amazon.
dave

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I do have a little jeweler's scale, as well, for very small amounts (mostly adding minerals to water for brewing or just making sparkling mineral water).

I’ve got two - a starfrit one from Cdn Tire that measures by the gram up to 5kg for general cooking/brewing use, and a small one that measures in 0.01g up to 100g from modernist pantry for adding more precise ingredients such as flavourings, yeasts, etc.

05215FC7-DDD1-4C34-A2BB-21C1F5162D9E.jpeg 920C8CDB-C657-4159-A527-C03DB405FB97.jpeg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
This Eat Smart has served me very well for some time. I would like something that would show half or even tenths of a gram, but I just don't seem to want to replace this.

View attachment 1008093

I have that exact scale. Has served me well for years.

OP, lots to choose from so the only suggestion I would make is get one that uses 'standard' batteries like AA or AAA. My old scale used lithium coin batteries and I never seemed to have a new one around when the old one went dead. We have lots of rechargeable AA and AAA's in the house though...

Very happy with my dymo m5, weighs up to 5 lbs and will convert to kg if needed, i use i t for ebay pkgs, as well as breaking up hamburg by weight and freezing the portions we want, just throw a piece of saran wrap on top, and weigh out the meat.
proxy.php

Office depot i think is where i got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom