What's new

Diggz's Entry to the Hall of Fame

What is your real name?
Liam Ahearn

What are your nicknames/aliases?
Diggz. It's a nonsensical nickname from college that stuck around. Nobody really calls me that anymore, but it's good for forums, ha.

Where do you live?
Southeastern Connecticut.

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Sr. QA Engineer at a software company in the "civic tech" space.

What is your favorite shave setup?
Razor - Van der Hagen DE
Blade(s) - Still experimenting. Currently using Gillette Silver Blues
Brush - Every Man Jack synthetic
Soap - Currently rotating a 5 soap sampler from Stirling and love every one of them.
Aftershave - Currently exploring the drugstore classics.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Beer nerd, home brewer, golf, hockey and now wet shaving.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
My wife and I have 2 awesome kids, a 3 year old daughter and a soon-to-be 1 year old son. I grew up on the South Shore of MA and am a diehard fan of both the Bruins and Red Sox.

I look forward to learning more about shaving products and technique and participating in the witty banter here on B&B.

Welcome, Liam. Enjoy your shaves! :001_smile

My father's last USCG duty station was in New London. We moved there in 1967, the Red Sox's Impossible Dream season, making me a Red Sox fan for life. Upon retirement from the USCG, my father took a job in Boston, and in 1970 we moved to Brockton, where I graduated from high school. I moved to Pittsburgh in 1979, and have rooted for the Pens, Pirates and Steelers ever since. Still a card carrying member of Red Sox Nation.

Liam,

Welcome aboard my man. I hope you enjoy BB as much as the rest of us and delve out into other razors along your travel. I started with a Dorco Prime starter set and since then have purchased over 15 razors. You will find perfection as you experiment among brands and styles.

Top Bottom