What's new

Different types of shavette blade holding mechanisms

I tried it on a few different brands of blades but never could make it fit properly. But I never tried breaking the tabs and they seemed to be the pieces dragging across the lips of the shavette. Will try.

I have another full DE blade shavette Zazor, very much like Daune but with a fixed handle. It is quite a safer (straight safety?) razor.

I know I am a bit "late to the dance", but I was wondering where you purchased your Zazor. I've been trying to get one. They are only sold in Turkey, but apparently not in stores...online only?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting, I had never heard about the Zazor. It sells for less that $5 USD over on n11, but I have no idea how to order or ship internationally.

I could not quite understand the Zazor loading/shaving mechanism until I saw pictures posted in this Turkish thread over at geltir.com which looks to be a Turkish shave forum.

Interesting, I had never heard about the Zazor. It sells for less that $5 USD over on n11, but I have no idea how to order or ship internationally.

I could not quite understand the Zazor loading/shaving mechanism until I saw pictures posted in this Turkish thread over at geltir.com which looks to be a Turkish shave forum.

I have been in touch with the producer of the Zazor via their Facebook page. Currently they do not ship internationally. They are sold predominantly on n11 and another Turkish site called Hepsiburada. There is a Hepsi app for IOS and Android that ships to customers outside of Turkey, but the Zazor isn't listed as an available product in the app.

Also FYI, there has been a bit of "chatter" on Facebook from the maker of the Razorine, insinuating that the Zazor is infringing on the Razorine's patent....this despite the Zazor predating the Razorine by about 2-3 years.

Update re: Zazor

For those interested in this product, I reached out to a Turkish site called RAZORUS. They are a Turkish company that sells wet-shaving products, those made in Turkey and otherwise. They do ship internationally. I suggested they carry the Zazor, and I pointed them to the Zazor FB page. According to their email this morning, they are purchasing several Zazors in various colors/finishes and will offer them on their site soon.

I have no idea what they will cost, but they currently retail for the equivalent of about $5 USD in Turkey. The Razorine retails for $40-50 USD, so imagine the Zazor will still be competitive after markups and international shipping costs. I will post links once I have them.

Rob

UPDATE:
For those interested in the Zazor, I was able to talk a Turkish vendor (who ships internationally) into carrying the product. I ordered one of each of the five colors offered, plus some Turkish blades, styptic, a shave stick, and some shave cream. Total including $10.58 DHL shipping to US came to a whopping $45.20.

Sounds too good to be true. I will post again once I receive the order.

In the words of Lily Von Schtuppe......"It's Twue!! It's Twue!!"

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom