What's new

Different type of shave cream? "Slick"

I just discovered a different type of shave cream. It's called "Head Slick" but it's not just for the head. It's also for the face or any other part of the body. Someone was reviewing it on YouTube and it caught my eye. You can get it on Amazon or the Walmart web-site.
Has anyone tried it yet? I just ordered some from Walmart. Seems interesting. Can't wait to try it.

slick.jpeg

For my shaves, slickness is crucial in preventing irritation. I have found that the Alba Botanica "very emollient" cream shave product performs extremely well for me. I'm interested in other products that provide really good slickness.

As the name imply s, this product is suppose to be very slick. It seems to be better than regular canned stuff.

The only thing about this cream is, you don't need a brush to use it. I will miss my nice brushes if this were my main cream.

slick.jpeg

I just got it in today and I just got done trying it. It is too watery. I do no like it at all. They say you win some and you lose some. Well I lost this one. It might be good for you head but I did not like it on my face.

I have not had success using shave soap alone--it just doesn't seem to provide sufficient slickness and protection for my lower neck.

One of these days when I have less time for a shave I will try it. I like the menthol feel when rubbed into the skin. I like the product so far!

I have used Head Slick with another soap or cream if my lather was subpar or when I wanted a menthol blast. With summer just around the corner I may pull it out again after not using it for a long time.

For others encountering this thread: I like Head Slick - it is slick (hence the name) and has a nice menthol feel. As @whereisandy said, you could use it to bolster subpar lather, mix with an unscented lather or other unscented shave cream, or just use it by itself. For me it works as advertised.

I bought some years ago since it was locally available and it worked fine for me. It lathered wonderfully using a brush, and it had a noticeable menthol feel. I’ve never replaced the one bottle I used up since I have more product than I can use easily, but if I needed another mentholated cream I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase this.

I just got it in today and I just got done trying it. It is too watery. I do no like it at all. They say you win some and you lose some. Well I lost this one. It might be good for you head but I did not like it on my face.
Did you try lathering it with a brush ?

Top Bottom