What's new

Different "mouth" on 1912 Ever-Ready's?

Anyone notice a difference between the rounded vs more straight bottom mouthed 1912 Ever-Readys?

Rounded edges at the bottom corners:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Flatter/straighter bottom corners:
20211019_210653.jpg

Does it translate to any meaningful difference in the shave? Or would you call it a non-perceptible difference?

Apologies in advance for my coarse/informal terminology. I basically see the head of the razor as a mouth and the blade as the tooth.

Since you took the pictures (?), I assume you have both models. Do you notice any difference in the shaves between the two?

I would guess they shave the same, unless there is some other identifiable difference in the design of the heads.

The difference probably is cosmetic only.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Anyone notice a difference between the rounded vs more straight bottom mouthed 1912 Ever-Readys?

Rounded edges at the bottom corners:
View attachment 1348761

Flatter/straighter bottom corners:
View attachment 1348762

Does it translate to any meaningful difference in the shave? Or would you call it a non-perceptible difference?

Apologies in advance for my coarse/informal terminology. I basically see the head of the razor as a mouth and the blade as the tooth.
I have the top razor(picture) and it shaves OK for a mid range 1912, the handle grips real well with the raised corners on the ornate handle. You can't go wrong with a 1912 of any type, they do the same job as a open comb but are smoother closed comb and do not feel the teeth of a open comb and are stronger because the teeth are locked all together for strength IMO.(superior design)
Everready(ASR corp) built a brand new plant in England 1936-53 producing 1912 models variants & also different models during the depression & WW2. ASR was American based but they wanted to capture the British common wealth markets for shaving needs strategy IMO.

Ever Ready 1912 British made MFG 1936-53.jpg
GEM Damaskeene OC 1912-15(2).jpg

...............................................................................The first 1912-17 Damaskeene were open comb and did not have drainage ports.
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom