What's new

Differences in Muhle STF over the years?

I face lather most of the time but with the older brush, I did both. It was the brush that I learned to bowl lather with and after two or three years, I moved to face lathering.

I have yet to try bowl lathering with the new one.

I also have both sizes (current generation STF) and share nav's opinion. I'm glad that I got the 23 before the 25 because otherwise, the 23 would have felt underwhelming. Unless you really need a smaller brush, I'd skip the 23mm. Price gap between the 2 sizes is not drastic but the performance difference is, IMHO.
That's pretty good confirmation there along with Navs, much appreciation for that.

You must be tired of my responses lol

Tbh I saw the question and responded but missed that you had asked.

I hope getting another opinion from @CarloMNL helped.

:D
Not tired at all my friend I'm pretty durable. Lol
It's always good to get some viewpoints and opinions cuz we've got so many goodies to choose from.
25 mm and now to figure out a handle.

• Love
Reactions: nav
The Muhle STF brushes are great brushes. I have a 25mm and a 23mm I love them both. The difference between the 23mm and the 25mm looks like more than just 2 mm.

Brushes Muhle.JPG

The biggest difference is density.

The 23mm is a fairly sparse knot, but performs awesomely! No lather slinging, rapid lather generation, excellent splay and flow through.

The 25mm feels like a SHD badger brush...i.e. "wall of badger". It has stronger face feel and it's more responsive to pressure so can be fine tuned to your preference, whereas the 23mm will splay more readily, leaving less control over the amount of splay.

I have and love both sizes but if you can get just one, I'd go the 25mm for its very unique experience.
What is the difference in lather flow through between the 23mm and the 25mm? I am wondering if the extra density of the 25mm restricts flow through.

Also, how hard do you have to press the 25mm to your face to get it to splay? I am trying to avoid synthetics that are very springy and are hard to splay.

How are the Muhle handles for these two brushes size, weight and feel wise?

Thanks!

What is the difference in lather flow through between the 23mm and the 25mm? I am wondering if the extra density of the 25mm restricts flow through.

Also, how hard do you have to press the 25mm to your face to get it to splay? I am trying to avoid synthetics that are very springy and are hard to splay.

How are the Muhle handles for these two brushes size, weight and feel wise?

Thanks!

Flow through on both is excellent.

The 25mm has a loft of 57mm so even with the high density, it has great flow through, no lather hogging.

Also, they don't have huge glue bumps so you won't experience much lather coming out the bottom of the knot either.

The STF are not springy, nor do they fling lather everywhere.

Splay is very good. I really love the tactile feedback from the 25mm. I can push a little and it'll splay a little, I can push more and it'll splay more, without flopping over. I can even not push at all and it won't splay but keep it's shape like a badger, rather than giving a "pokey stick" feeling.

Handles are standard resin and are fairly comfortable to hold.

Flow through on both is excellent.

The 25mm has a loft of 57mm so even with the high density, it has great flow through, no lather hogging.

Also, they don't have huge glue bumps so you won't experience much lather coming out the bottom of the knot either.

The STF are not springy, nor do they fling lather everywhere.

Splay is very good. I really love the tactile feedback from the 25mm. I can push a little and it'll splay a little, I can push more and it'll splay more, without flopping over. I can even not push at all and it won't splay but keep it's shape like a badger, rather than giving a "pokey stick" feeling.

Handles are standard resin and are fairly comfortable to hold.
Thank you for all the great information!

Top Bottom