What's new

Differences in Ladies Razors

So, my wife is a little interested in a DE razor. Are there really any differences in a Ladies Gillette and a normal razor, other than maybe a little more length in the handle?

Thanks!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Not really. The Lady Gillette is basically a Superspeed head on a long annodized aluminum handle.
It's generally the design and the packaging that distinguishes it as a "Ladies" razor.
Having said that, the Lady Gillette is a fine shaving tool, and is a very comfortable nice shave.
There are a lot of razors out there that have the longer handle, if that is what she is looking for, you don't have to be locked into a "Girls" razor.Some of the Women members here disdain a regular razor that has simply been painted pink and marketed as a Ladies Razor, but my wife is certainly more aesthetically pleased by the Lady Gillette as opposed to say, the Fatboy.
Let her take a look at the Buy Sell Trade forum and see if there is something SHE is interested in.
If she wants one, she should pick it out, after all, she didn't pick out yours, right?:w00t:

Edit - Just remembered another long handle - The Gillette Knack. The nice part of the knack is that the Twist to Open Knob is just under the head, instead of at the end of the handle. If your wife is holding the razor by the end of the handle, it's less likely to get an accidental turn.
Us guys just normally and by instinct do an occassional TTO knob check while shaving, but it "may" not be so for the ladies, who are probably not shaving as frequently.

Last edited:
I got my wife a ladies Gillette and she loves it. She wasn't interested enough to pick it out, but now that she has her own she appreciates it!

She really does like the long handle. I think it is a bit more than aesthetic. Other long handled razors would probably work well also. I am thinking Schick Krona or long super-adjustable.

Some of the other vintage ladies DE razors are really small and don't use standard blades so be careful. The Kewtie is one example like this.

Thanks guys. Shes not too interested in picking her own at this point, but does like the way the Lady Gillette looks. I was thinking of maybe a nice custom from Bob's Razor Works. Does he supply the shaving head or do you send him one and make the handle custom for it?

Thanks!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks guys. Shes not too interested in picking her own at this point, but does like the way the Lady Gillette looks. I was thinking of maybe a nice custom from Bob's Razor Works. Does he supply the shaving head or do you send him one and make the handle custom for it?

Thanks!

I believe he does both. PM him and have a chat with him, he has an excellent product.

R

rainman

This could work if she prefers new. Merkur 23c. Not too expensive. Simple 3 piece design. Long skinny handle. Light weight.

Top Bottom