What's new

Difference in Timeless razors?

Both razors were available to view at the Maggards meetup. The polished Ti should be released by the beginning of July. The aluminum did not have a release yet

Both razors were available to view at the Maggards meetup. The polished Ti should be released by the beginning of July. The aluminum did not have a release yet
Ok great news, wish they would hook us up with a polish guy. Thanks for the update info.

Timeless is doing the polishing in house and they changed the type of titanium alloy they use so it can be polished
Oh really so it will be a little bit different titanium, so even if I could polish mine it might not be the same look

Maybe it would be chrome looking like my titanium wedding band, for lack of other ways of describing it

i just got the titanium solid cap and base in 69 and 91 with the titanium stand and the ceramic bowl. i used it on my neck and upper cheek. with the 69 base plate. with ADP shaving oil and gel and murker platinum blade. i got cut up on the neck all over, but this was my fault. i didn't use shaving gel on the second and third pass i just used a lil hot water. i used urth after shave elixir afterwards and it healed the cuts pretty good. over all i got a good shave my neck looks good and feels good. i ordered some other creams and such and will try again with a bowl and brush later on will let you know

Just trying to have to face with the Timeless SS polished 95 scalloped plate with Titanium handle vs timeless TI 95 scalloped plate. They shave so much alike it's difficult to tell in the final result, to me. I kind of like how the stainless steel does on the tougher cheek areas, but when it gets to the against the grain I'll have to give it to the titanium version, slides along a little bit easier, I guess the less pressure thing going on here.
I used the same Nacet blade and swapped it around to each razor. Which do I like more, hmm about to close to call at this time.
Does anyone have a suggestion of what I can look for when I compare these two, as I'll be giving the TI parts up soon?

I'm not sure when it comes to swapping out different parts but I just sold my SS95DC OC/SB w/ Barberpole handle and bought a Ti95DC OC/SB plate because I prefer the Ti shave over the SS. It is just an easier 2 pass BBS with the Ti95SB plate but I wanted an OC but didn't want to swap out plates mid shave. I prefer the Ti handle over any handle I've ever used on any razor!!

I'm not sure when it comes to swapping out different parts but I just sold my SS95DC OC/SB w/ Barberpole handle and bought a Ti95DC OC/SB plate because I prefer the Ti shave over the SS. It is just an easier 2 pass BBS with the Ti95SB plate but I wanted an OC but didn't want to swap out plates mid shave. I prefer the Ti handle over any handle I've ever used on any razor!!

This is a great summary! I love both the SS and Ti but the Ti is simply an “easier” shave. It just feels so natural in the hand for an effortless shave. No worries about biting, pressure, weight etc.

The polished titanium can be ordered on their site now—it went up yesterday. I ordered a polished titanium master set in .68 and am extra polished .96 sb.

Received in the mail last week a Bronze .38SB razor and stand. Fantastic razor! Quality is unparalleled and it's just gorgeous to look at. Shaves great as I prefer a mild razor. Since my RAD is in full swing I just purchased a polished SS .68 SB with stand and plaid handle on the Bay for a good price and am awaiting it's delivery. After getting one, you want them all! I am anxious to try the SS out and see the difference between the Bronze and Stainless.

Received in the mail last week a Bronze .38SB razor and stand. Fantastic razor! Quality is unparalleled and it's just gorgeous to look at. Shaves great as I prefer a mild razor. Since my RAD is in full swing I just purchased a polished SS .68 SB with stand and plaid handle on the Bay for a good price and am awaiting it's delivery. After getting one, you want them all! I am anxious to try the SS out and see the difference between the Bronze and Stainless.
You're the first I've heard characterize the Bronze 38 as mild. Its exposure is a pretty good argument against that. Smooth yes but apply unwanted pressure and one discovers fast and hard how little gap matters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I agree with pressure it can be aggressive, but I have found that with a Feather or Gillette Platinum blade and letting it do the work with no pressure it's as mild/efficient as my EJ DE89. I also found with a Maggard MR7 handle it tames it some, but guess it's all a matter of opinion.

I agree with pressure it can be aggressive, but I have found that with a Feather or Gillette Platinum blade and letting it do the work with no pressure it's as mild/efficient as my EJ DE89. I also found with a Maggard MR7 handle it tames it some, but guess it's all a matter of opinion.
Geometry is not actually a matter of opinion. Being generous about pressure because of negative exposure is one of the defining characteristics of a mild razor and that's not what you are describing. Call it smooth or whatever but mild doesn't fit the geometry of the Bronze.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I will stand corrected and classify the Bronze .38 as smooth and not mild. My error in terminology. Thanks jmudrick for pointing out my error.

I have, in my short time shazing with de razors developed a fondness for heavier razors, my current favourite being the Rex, but out of curiosity I picked up a titanium 0.95 dc from the BST on this site
I have just shaved with it and while it is early days I think I will be picking up nothing else for a very long time
Smooth, effortless shave, i got a 2 shave dfs on my head
I dont chase bbs on my head as any irritation is much more noticeable but feel that had i wanted to do 5 or even 6 passes the razor would have let me and left me totally smooth and refreshed

I might out of a sense of curiosity pick up the bronze and SS versions just because of how well they are made but they will need to go some to be better (for me) than the Ti version

out of curiosity, does anyone have a Razorock Titanium 100mm handle they could attached to a Timeless open comb head to post a photo of what it looks like? I think those might be made for each other.

I have, in my short time shazing with de razors developed a fondness for heavier razors, my current favourite being the Rex, but out of curiosity I picked up a titanium 0.95 dc from the BST on this site
I have just shaved with it and while it is early days I think I will be picking up nothing else for a very long time
Smooth, effortless shave, i got a 2 shave dfs on my head
I dont chase bbs on my head as any irritation is much more noticeable but feel that had i wanted to do 5 or even 6 passes the razor would have let me and left me totally smooth and refreshed

I might out of a sense of curiosity pick up the bronze and SS versions just because of how well they are made but they will need to go some to be better (for me) than the Ti version
I for one am glad to see the feedback that you've left. Which version do you have SB and OC? And wondering about face shaves you had with it, I'm assuming pretty much the same positive results?
Stainless steel is nice also as I've got one of each right now( SS and TI) no bronze.

Top Bottom