What's new

Difference in Timeless razors?

Hey gents,

Just posting because I’m curious on the differences between the Timeless Stainless and the Timeless Titanium . I know the weight is the obvious one, but what about the quality of shave?

I'd like to know myself. I have the SS .95 OC and love it. Been thinking about the Ti f ad when I can afford one.

I have the titanium version but I have also owned the stainless. I prefer the lighter weight of the titanium over the stainless and also feel that the titanium head seems to glide over the skin just a bit easier than the stainless. I do think the stainless version is a more handsome razor than the titanium. Having said that, both versions are top of the line and I could happily shave with either razor for the rest of my life.

Last edited:
My favourite Timeless is the Bronze OC .78, but with a titanium handle. It's more efficient than the OC .95 which I had and sold on. The titanium handle brings the total weight down to 97g. Perfect.

I have the titanium version but I have also owned the stainless. I prefer the lighter weight of the titanium over the stainless and also feel that the titanium head seems to glide over the skin just a bit easier than the stainless. I do think the stainless version is a more handsome razor than the titanium. Having said that, both versions are top of the line and I could happily shave with either razor for the rest of my life.
so if looking for flat out all around smoothness and maneuverability , the Timeless in Titanium May be the best bet? What about durability between the two? What’s the stronger metal?

You sir , are a gentleman and a scholar . Which do you find yourself reaching for after some time with both?

A terrific question, both!

I used the SS .95 exclusively for the month of March followed by the Ti .95 for the entire month of April. Both provide wonderful shaves for me.

If I were in your position choosing, assuming the extra few dollars aren’t a huge concern for the Ti, I’d choose this way: pick one based on your preference for weight in a razor.

If you fancy heavier razors, the SS will suit you well! It shaved slightly more efficiently than the Ti due to its weight and requires just a bit more care. It also is absolutely beautiful in a polished finish. If choosing SS, my advice would be to stay with an 85mm handle rather than 100mm.

If you lean towards lighter razors go for the Ti. You can really throw it around and maneuver over your face without much thought. I call it an “effortless” shave. For me, it requires a slight amount of pressure due to the lack of weight but feels a bit “softer” on the face due to the difference in metal composition.

Both razors will last you a lifetime. Good luck!

A terrific question, both!

I used the SS .95 exclusively for the month of March followed by the Ti .95 for the entire month of April. Both provide wonderful shaves for me.

If I were in your position choosing, assuming the extra few dollars aren’t a huge concern for the Ti, I’d choose this way: pick one based on your preference for weight in a razor.

If you fancy heavier razors, the SS will suit you well! It shaved slightly more efficiently than the Ti due to its weight and requires just a bit more care. It also is absolutely beautiful in a polished finish. If choosing SS, my advice would be to stay with an 85mm handle rather than 100mm.

If you lean towards lighter razors go for the Ti. You can really throw it around and maneuver over your face without much thought. I call it an “effortless” shave. For me, it requires a slight amount of pressure due to the lack of weight but feels a bit “softer” on the face due to the difference in metal composition.

Both razors will last you a lifetime. Good luck!
I certainly enjoy a heavier razor, however i do like the idea of the Titanium being that much smoother.

My favourite Timeless is the Bronze OC .78, but with a titanium handle. It's more efficient than the OC .95 which I had and sold on. The titanium handle brings the total weight down to 97g. Perfect.

I agree with the Bronze OC/Stainless OC comparison, but the stock bronze handle on the .78 works just fine for me.

M

member 119848

I sold my Timeless stainless steel too (plates .95 and .68).
And I much prefer the bronze (plates .38 and .78).
No matter which plate is used, the bronze has the nicest feel (blade forwardness).

I agree that bronze is heavy, but I'm doing well with it.
Ideally, would be the bronze design crafted out of titanium.

so if looking for flat out all around smoothness and maneuverability , the Timeless in Titanium May be the best bet? What about durability between the two? What’s the stronger metal?
A lighter razor makes more maneuverability. Titanium is as strong and durable as steel. But Titanium resists better to wet environments.
Bronze is heavy and needs care, but it´s the prettiest alloy IMO!

I sold my Timeless stainless steel too (plates .95 and .68).
And I much prefer the bronze (plates .38 and .78).
No matter which plate is used, the bronze has the nicest feel (blade forwardness).

I agree that bronze is heavy, but I'm doing well with it.
Ideally, would be the bronze design crafted out of titanium.

A lighter razor makes more maneuverability. Titanium is as strong and durable as steel. But Titanium resists better to wet environments.
Bronze is heavy and needs care, but it´s the prettiest alloy IMO!
I sold my SS 95 and kept my Bronze 38/78 as well. Simply the better shaver for me and not really a close call. Stock handle is indeed heavy but it's fine for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This morning I tried scalloped SS .68 plate with Bronze cap and Maggard MRG handle and got very smooth mild efficient shave. I tried Bronze OC head with the same handle and it made noticeable difference being less aggressive. Bronze razor with stock handle is heavy and aggressive so not recommended for sensitive skin

Bronze razor with stock handle is heavy and aggressive so not recommended for sensitive skin

It's a brilliant head, but a heavy handle. Some find it OK. I put it straight back in the box and fitted a titanium handle. I think "heavy and aggressive" is a fair description - it's what I found.

It's a brilliant head, but a heavy handle. Some find it OK. I put it straight back in the box and fitted a titanium handle. I think "heavy and aggressive" is a fair description - it's what I found.
I don't have Titanium handle yet, it's not even shipped yet, as per ebay, so I can't check if it will make even less aggressive

Where's the balance point with the titanium handle.? It's a heavy head, I would think a titanium handle would tilt the balance too far in the other direction.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom