What's new

Diferences between Yaqi synthetic knots and user advice.

After reading lots of pots I have concluded that a Yaqi will be my next synthetic brush, but I don't know if there are any differences between the knots.

Are all synthetic knots the same?

Which kind of knot size/model do you recommend me to get with my second (synthetic) brush?

The size of the knot, what kind of differences you see with a bigger or smaller knot. I'm a big guy with a big face :c1: in my mind the bigger the better for me , but i want like to hear your advice.

Currently, only own a Proraso Boar brush, the only thing that I don't "like" is the chrome color of the handle, i don't have any critiques or problems with that brush. Please take this with a grain of salt, coming from an inexperience user I don't have a lot to say and the brush just works fine.

I have been lathering my soap directly in my face but I also own a bowl, been using the 2 and i think i like more my shaves when i face lather.

Happy shaving!

yaqi6.JPGyaqi5.JPGyaqi4.JPGyaqi3.JPGyaqi2.JPGyaqui.JPG

My proraso Brush, i "accelerated"the break up process leaving the brush 2/3 nights with hot/warm water, also I have been using the "towel method" and using it against my hand for about 20 minutes per night.

128590946_386338882618093_6606140448445022694_n.jpg128638600_169829578172987_1626196641810900997_n.jpg

The knots are very different.

However, Timberwolves, for example, from one brand tend to be the same as Timberwolves from other brands.

I also use boars and love the backbone, that’s why I bought a lucky dice Tuxedo and purely for looks a Rainbow Pony - a soft knot and not so much backbone. To my surprise I prefer the pony as the backbone of the Tux is also a bit springy and likes to fling lather around. As always YMMV.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
All the synthetic knots have subtle differences. My favorite one would be a 26mm Timberwolf synthetic though.
Same here. I have had a couple dozen synth brushes, and for me the Timberwolf is the best combo of softness, backbone, and brush shape. Although there are many wonderful and inexpensive synth brushes. The PAA Atomic Rocket is a beast of a brush as well. Awesome handle, with big and soft knot. Great looking too. The good thing about synths is that you can get a whole pile of them for the price of one quality badger brush.

Yes, it is so far my favorite synthetic brush, beating out the Simpsons Chubby 2 and Trafalgar 2 among others. I have a few more synths on their way, but my Rainbow Brown is just an excellent all-around brush.
Do you know if Yaqi makes them smaller than 24mm? My 24 Sagrada Familia just feels gigantic. I face lather. A 20-22mm Timberwolf or Mew brown would be amazing

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Love Yaqi brushes 26mm lucky dice, 24mm timberwolf and black Ferrari they are soft but still have good backbone. My favourite of the 3 for feel is the timberwolf as it's a bit softer than the tuxedo.
I was so impressed I ordered the purple haze (I love the look of that brush) and the evil zebra on 11/11 and can't wait for them to arrive.

Since they are very inexpensive and good at the same time so you can't really go wrong no matter which one you pick. My only concern would be about the handles, because some handles work very well for me while others are rather uncomfortable in my hand. Any of the Yaqi brushes with either 24 or 26mm knot would do fine and I don't think there's a HUUUUUUUGE difference between them in terms of performance.

Top Bottom