What's new

Didn't shave today

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Due to a slight case of overdoing it, the ole smitties weren't steady enough to properly hold the blade, so I decided that valor should take a back seat to discretion for a change. The fact that there were roughly a dozen images in my mirror also entered into the equation. What the hell happened to me? All we did was have a simple little get together with about two dozen friends, who helped me polish off the following-

Ouch,

By the way, a first name? If I had a wife that looked like your wife and she was willing to give me a shave, 7" stilletos or not, I'd be collecting the shave!
No matter my condition!

Randy

ouch

LOL. I collected the b'day shave last Monday. I took some pics, but, alas, I wouldn't want to offend anyone's sensibililities here. The weekend shave had to give way to a massive hangover.:tongue:

Regards

Jay

Why are you holding onto an '87 Mondavi? I was under the impression that 1987 was a poor year for wine. Most places do not recommend it. The others however look very good.

ouch

enlightenment said:
Why are you holding onto an '87 Mondavi? I was under the impression that 1987 was a poor year for wine. Most places do not recommend it. The others however look very good.

On the contrary. While '87 was a ****-poor year where it counts (read: Bordeaux and Burgundy), it was a great year in California, capping a terrific run from '84-'87. That year, Mondavi made perhaps their greatest wine ever, and Robert Parker awarded this particular wine-- the cabernet reserve-- a whopping 98 points. I've tried 750ml bottles of this wine several times, and consider it to be amongst the finest American wines I have ever tasted. This Imperial (6 litres, or 8 bottles) was better still, and could easily have lasted another twenty years.

I would rate the six wines shown in descending order as the Mouton, Lafite (very rare for a Lafite to do so well), Mondavi, Lynch Bages, Petrus, and Margaux. Sadly, even in double magnum format the Margaux lost the battle of fruit vs. tannin; quite typical of left-bank vineyards in the hard-edged 1988 vintage.

Hi, I'm just new here and to DE shaving. Tried a few electrics in the past, boy do they suck. You can't get a close shave and if you try they end up chewing your face off. Cartridge shavers were quite good but too expensive. So I decided to try a DE shaver. This is my third week now. At first it was a little tender, a few nicks here and there. Getting some Derby extras really helped with that. Now, well, I must say, done right, shower before, wet face, lots of lather, I'm getting the best shaves of my life. And now with less iritation than the electrics or the cartridges.
I'm about to catch up with an old friend for a night on the turps so I got my shave in before hand. Just finished having a thorough shave. My second 4 pass method shave, this one with slight modifications around the chin on the 3rd pass. Went very well, painless, no nicks and smooth as a babies bum.

Pilfer said:
Hi, I'm just new here and to DE shaving. Tried a few electrics in the past, boy do they suck. You can't get a close shave and if you try they end up chewing your face off. Cartridge shavers were quite good but too expensive. So I decided to try a DE shaver. This is my third week now. At first it was a little tender, a few nicks here and there. Getting some Derby extras really helped with that. Now, well, I must say, done right, shower before, wet face, lots of lather, I'm getting the best shaves of my life. And now with less iritation than the electrics or the cartridges.
I'm about to catch up with an old friend for a night on the turps so I got my shave in before hand. Just finished having a thorough shave. My second 4 pass method shave, this one with slight modifications around the chin on the 3rd pass. Went very well, painless, no nicks and smooth as a babies bum.
Welcome to B&B Darren! One personal question though, how do you lads from Down Under keep all of the blood from rushing to your head?:biggrin:

Best to all of our wet shaving brethern in OZ!
Ron

guenron said:
Welcome to B&B Darren! One personal question though, how do you lads from Down Under keep all of the blood from rushing to your head?:biggrin:

Well the problem isn't too bad down here in Melbourne as we are a fair way south. Iv'e found it's more of a problem as you move north towards the equator with all that extra centrifugal force.

Top Bottom