What's new

Did you regret selling your first DE Razor?

Yes, I read about selling, on the Internet of course. Apparently it is when you engage in a shaving related activity and the money comes to you. Yes, TO you! Who knew there was such a thing?!
With some razors (my VdH TTO or carts in general) I’m not sure if I could inflict them on someone else. Unless it’s my worst enemy but even then the issue would be in doubt

Never sold mine per se. I “lent” it to my best friend when he got into Classic shaving. He has two young boys. I bought him a 2nd DE for Christmas a few years ago. Now he has something to hand down to his sons.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never sell, yet. My first DE was a bunch that my father gave that were his and his fathers. I like using them from time to time. I don’t have anyone to pass them on to so my nephews will finish up with one each. They may not use them but I know that they won’t be going in to landfill when I die.

I've already sold my first de. I know what it was, I don't need the razor to have the memory. It served its purpose very well, I have no regrets buying it or using it. But I've moved on & I don't need to keep a"thing" just to say I still have it. Pass it along so someone else can get enjoyment from it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
After collecting razors for many years, and amassing over a hundred in my collection, I had previously never sold a razor until very recently. I have PIF’ed and traded with friends. But not really sold off anything to anyone I didn’t know personally. I was borderline hoarding. I just recently sold my first batch of razors, and it felt great. Downsizing all of my material possessions, so this was a logical step in that process. I think I will sell my first razor, but not just yet. I may want to use that 34c once more. Haven’t used it in years.

My first DE Razor is too mild for by beard type so Im planning selling it as soon as I receive my orders. Was wondering if I should keep it as a kind of souvenir or sell it. Did you regret selling your first DE many years later?
Are you sure it's too mild?

I prefer a straight razor but the first razor I bought when I joined up was a beat up 1940's Superspeed and it's the only de I still have.

Try the new thing before you consider selling the old thing.

My first DE razor was a Vikings Blade Godfather. I keep it as a reminder to be patient, do more research, and see 4000+ A'zon reviews as a red flag. Even if one vendor could actually manage to sell forty thousand units of anything, good luck getting ten percent of those customers to write a positive review. Lesson learned. But as my son-in-law told me when I shared this experience with him, "you don't know what you don't know".

Are you sure it's too mild?

I prefer a straight razor but the first razor I bought when I joined up was a beat up 1940's Superspeed and it's the only de I still have.

Try the new thing before you consider selling the old thing.
I actually received one yesterday and I finally understood what "no pressure, let the Razor do the work" meant. The other one was heavy ss and the no pressure meant no cutting. New one really shaves without pressure. Thanks

To answer the original question... I did sell one of my razors because I had somehow convinced myself it was too mild. I then traded a more aggressive razor I rarely used for the same model a few months later. It's now one of my favorite razors to use when I just want a relaxing shave with no drama.

My first DE razor was a Vikings Blade Godfather. I keep it as a reminder to be patient, do more research, and see 4000+ A'zon reviews as a red flag. Even if one vendor could actually manage to sell forty thousand units of anything, good luck getting ten percent of those customers to write a positive review. Lesson learned. But as my son-in-law told me when I shared this experience with him, "you don't know what you don't know".
Yup, did the same thing. My millennial daughters have since given me an education in posted reviews.

My first razor was a Gillette Black Beauty. I didn’t sell it, but I have no idea what happened to it. It apparently was a victim of one of my wife’s garage sales after I mistakenly switched to cartridges. Another reason the switch was a big mistake.

Nope...still have my 34C! I thought at some point that I had sold my second razor, an EJ DE89, but happily discovered it behind all the soaps and creams one day. I’m glad I didn’t sell it!

Hi,

I still have my first one, a Pre-War Tech. It was my Dad's old razor, so it isn't going anywhere. It sits with his other two (a 48 Super Speed and a 1960s Tech) since he has passed on.

Stan

Top Bottom