What's new

Did you get the Presidental Alert?

According to John Mcafee (the anti virus guy)

"The presidential alerts... they are capable of accessing the e911 chip in your phone. Giving them access to your location, microphone, camera, and every function of your phone. This is not a rant, this is from me. Still one of the leading cyber security experts. Wake up people"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

"The presidential alerts... they are capable of accessing the e911 chip in your phone. Giving them access to your location, microphone, camera, and every function of your phone. This is not a rant, this is from me. Still one of the leading cyber security experts. Wake up people"
Yes, I am a conspiracy nut, admittedly, but my phone has been wonky ever since that bleeping alert. Excuse me while I reboot this thing.

Yes, I am a conspiracy nut, admittedly, but my phone has been wonky ever since that bleeping alert. Excuse me while I reboot this thing.
My wife told me that she experienced the same thing with her phone.

But honestly, even with McAfee saying this. It doesn't matter. They can access whatever they want, whenever they want.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yup. SWMBO did too. I'm on AT&T and SWMBO is on U.S. Cellular. She has an Oklahoma number as she has a phone provided by her job, and I have a Texas number. It worked here.

If you are worried about being tracked or listened to...get rid of you cell phone, all computers, land line (they can be tapped), car that has a gps, and put on a tinfoil hat so the spy satellites can't see you from space.

I have access to a private database, for work, that has the car license plate recognition feature that's nation wide. If your plate is caught by a camera and is in the database it's last location is available. Same kind of technology the police use for stolen cars and such. But I have to have a legal, valid reason to use that database, and be able to prove it if asked.

You are being watched. :eek2:

Last edited:
Yup. SWMBO did too. I'm on AT&T and SWMBO is on U.S. Cellular. She has an Oklahoma number as she has a phone provided by her job, and I have a Texas number. It worked here.

If you are worried about being tracked or listened to...get rid of you cell phone, all computers, land line (they can be tapped), car that has a gps, and put on a tinfoil hat so the spy satellites can't see you from space.

I have access to a private database, for work, that has the car license plate recognition feature that's nation wide. If your plate is caught by a camera and is in the database it's last location is available. Same kind of technology the police use for stolen cars and such. But I have to have a legal, valid reason to use that database, and be able to prove it if asked.

You are being watched. :eek2:

Of course we are. Freedom is an illusion.

I work for a communications giant. I told my boss shortly after 2PM that I hacked into the company's mainframe and would be sending a fake announcement to everyone in the company in about 10 minutes. At 2:18 he comes running out of his office and yells, "What did you do!!!!!"

We had a good laugh.
That was a good one, haha!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Got it too
I think its unnecessary as for the stated purpose which then makes conspiracy theories seem viable

I got it. Some others at work had it come in over their's, and I turned mine on where I could get it out of the way and clear it. Normal cynical attitude kicked in and thought "Isn't that special?" or something like that.

Brings me back to the nostalgic days of the Cold War, when the "test of the emergency broadcast system" would interrupt my watching of "Creature Double Feature" on Saturdays.

Yeah...we were at a CVS waiting to get flu shots. Everyone in the store (except for one old guy...curious) got the alert. Much noise.

No alert for me but, like every other day, my cell phone was on airplane mode, do not disturb and stuffed in a drawer so I can't hear or see it. My wife got the alert. I warned her earlier in the day it was coming.

If you do get an alert, are you supposed to crouch under your desk like we did in grade school in the 1950's? For me, I'd rather be surprised until that split second flash before I'm vaporized.

Dateline: Sometime in the Future.

CNN reports that

Raised eyebrow:

A broadcast text message supposedly does that?

Brings me back to the nostalgic days of the Cold War, when the "test of the emergency broadcast system" would interrupt my watching of "Creature Double Feature" on Saturdays.

The Emergency Broadcast System is still in use and still tested to this day. Well, they call it EAS or something like that. But I think I've heard it activated during tornado warnings. Maybe B&B members in Tornado Alley can confirm.

Don’t know if my phone made much noise, as it was sitting, abandoned, on my nightstand as usual. The freshly charged battery was run flat, though, by the time I checked it after dinner. Guess the full presidential alert sucks a large number of electrons (or LIons or whatever).

No alert for me but, like every other day, my cell phone was on airplane mode, do not disturb and stuffed in a drawer so I can't hear or see it. My wife got the alert. I warned her earlier in the day it was coming.

If you do get an alert, are you supposed to crouch under your desk like we did in grade school in the 1950's? For me, I'd rather be surprised until that split second flash before I'm vaporized.

Those were great! Stick your head under the desk and kiss your, um, baseball card collection goodbye. :)

The Emergency Broadcast System is still in use and still tested to this day. Well, they call it EAS or something like that. But I think I've heard it activated during tornado warnings. Maybe B&B members in Tornado Alley can confirm.

Right.

One time, back in the 80's the standard "Beeep...beeeeep.....beeep" alarm was playing over the radio at work, except afterwards, I was expecting the usual "this is a test...", but instead it said that a tornado was reported nearby (not in tornado country here in Mass). I was shocked.

Top Bottom