What's new

Did you get a brush for Christmas?

Very nice. I like the shape if that handle. What other brushes do you have to compare it to? I just got myself M&F and Rooney 2-bands, and they're crazy soft.

The Rooney 2-band is soft in a different way. I have two Rooneys and I love them both. We have all heard about the gel-tips. The Savile Row is different. Not as much backbone, but its tips are like a cloud.

That's a beautiful brush by the way. Beautiful knot and handle. Nice size. You will enjoy it.

Thanks, I am looking forward to many wonderful shaves with it.

nice brush indeed!

nope, i did not get any... i gave away 4 brushes, 6 soaps (pucks & bowls) and a few sticks (Arko and Palmolive but, hey, the thought counts), 1 bowl, a whole bunch of blades and some miscellaneous.
Actually, i'm glad i didn't get anything of the kind, i'm running out of room..

I have a Muhle Silvertip Fibre coming in on Thursday. Can't wait to try it.

$Muhle.jpg

Among other things, my girlfriend got me this olive wood handled big boar (24mm x 60mm!) from a local craft market.
Excellent :thumbup:

Great scores here, Gentlemen.

Please don't be afraid to post some more photos and thoughts once you have tested the brushes a little more!

I got one from my wife.
It's a Mühle Retro RP2 Silvertip 25mm

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1388053801.540438.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1388053801.540438.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 111
Did you get a brush for Christmas? I did!
SWMBO gave me a Savile Row Natural Horn (handle) 24mm silvertip brush. I won't shave till tomorrow, but I did a test lather today. Absurdly soft tips. There is no break-in period at all for this brush. And the handle is an especially beautiful specimen, in my completely objective opinion. (I can't figure out how to rotate the pic - sorry)

Merry Christmas!

View attachment 396482

That's a beautiful brush!

Just noticing that Mark is now using a new sticker! No more "Simpson Made in England Sterilized" but "Simpson Hand Made Great Britain".

I guess the Isle of Man (home of Progress Vulfix) is in Great Britain, but not part of England.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
No brush or anything shave related.....only Montezuma's Revenge last week in Mexico and a bad cold that had me bedridden since Sunday - first time up today.....

Top Bottom