What's new

Did Savile Row stop engraving brushes?

I recently saw a SR3824 that was screen printed and not engraved. After an inquiry, I was told it was purchased used in December.

Have they gone away from the engraving? Are they no longer turned at Shavemac by Bernd?

If they switched, that is a real shame.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1427643663915.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1427643663915.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 109
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1427643687399.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1427643687399.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
That looks like the old version with the higher loft to me. Hair looks very white as well. I haven't owned a Savile Row brush in many years, but the ones I did we all printed. Not sure it was ever officially confirmed that these brushes were made by Shavemac.

That looks like the old version with the higher loft to me. Hair looks very white as well. I haven't owned a Savile Row brush in many years, but the ones I did we all printed. Not sure it was ever officially confirmed that these brushes were made by Shavemac.
RV confirmed it publicly in a post...that's good enough for me. Also, all the SR brushes I have seen were engraved.

Last edited:
Well, your best bet would be to just ask Charles at QED. However, I assure you that the older brushes had printed lettering. This is a pic from 2010 of one of my SR brushes, and you can see the lettering coming off (and it only got worse).
$P1000145.jpg

Top Bottom