What's new

Did I just drink coffee or smoke a cigarette?

So I haven't had Starbucks in awhile mostly b/c I don't like the taste...well out or necessity I stopped by on the way home. Just like I remembered...horribly over roasted crap that leaves my mouth tasting like I just smoked a cigarette. It makes me wonder if Starbucks shares manufacturing equipment with Kingsford charcoal.

The best coffee I've had at Starbucks was today...
I was in a Starbucks KIOSK, inside a Target... and ordered a Three Regions Blend...
They had a pour over bar, where the woman proceeded to just dump 2 measuring cups of water into a Melitta cone and serve it to me...

With all those faux pas she did, it managed to taste SOMETHING like a good coffee underneath all that roast

I said before that I got some 3 Region for free, and actually didn't mind it. The dark roast somehow suited the blend (though I imagined it would be more interesting at a roast just this side of 2nd crack).

As for the "just smoked a cigarette" taste, nothing does that better than Starbucks Italian roast. I was desperate for a cuppa after a big lunch (with a big afternoon ahead) and the place we just ate was right beside a Starbucks. I know I don't like Pike Place so I went for their bold, which was Italian.

Actually, come to think of it, Kingsford was EXACTLY the thought that came to my mind.

Just got back from Starbucks.

Had a Clover machine made cup of half Italian Roast and half Espresso.

Sat outside and had a cigar with it.

Works for me.:thumbup1:

I said before that I got some 3 Region for free, and actually didn't mind it. The dark roast somehow suited the blend (though I imagined it would be more interesting at a roast just this side of 2nd crack).

As for the "just smoked a cigarette" taste, nothing does that better than Starbucks Italian roast. I was desperate for a cuppa after a big lunch (with a big afternoon ahead) and the place we just ate was right beside a Starbucks. I know I don't like Pike Place so I went for their bold, which was Italian.

Actually, come to think of it, Kingsford was EXACTLY the thought that came to my mind.

To my displeasure...Pikes was all they had and they really didn't seem too interested in making anything else. I guess I take for ganted the fact that I can get really good coffee at a local drive up coffee bar near my house that uses locally roasted beans from SF and on top of that the service is always great.

So I haven't had Starbucks in awhile mostly b/c I don't like the taste...well out or necessity I stopped by on the way home. Just like I remembered...horribly over roasted crap that leaves my mouth tasting like I just smoked a cigarette. It makes me wonder if Starbucks shares manufacturing equipment with Kingsford charcoal.

Thank you, I have been trying to figure out what Starbucks coffee reminds me of. I haven't smoked a cigarette since my dad caught me "borrowing" his when I was a teenager. I have a Starbucks card for business purposes, but I always order the hot chocolate.

I'm actually afraid of Starbucks Clover
Clover makes for a very clean cup...
Starbucks without it's body is just smoky water

Not a big Starbucks fan here either....over priced and overrated IMO. I'll take Dunkin Donuts coffee over it anyday.

Gimme! refers to their dark roast (French Roast) as having a sweet Diesel tip...
Totally figured out what it meant when I had a cup of the mermaid today

This morning was nice.

Sat outside a local Starbucks with a Clover machine made Italian Roast blend and a cigar.

Some bird wanted to add flavor to my coffee but I told him I just like sugar and half & half. :001_tt2:

Attachments

• $IMG_0829.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
This morning was nice.

Sat outside a local Starbucks with a Clover machine made Italian Roast blend and a cigar.

Some bird wanted to add flavor to my coffee but I told him I just like sugar and half & half. :001_tt2:

I would imagine that would make for a nice pairing...sans bird droppings...a few inches over and that would have been a whole different experience.

Here in Cajun Country, we're known for our strong coffee. I had a cup on the road a couple of days ago and it was similar in strength. The taste isn't as good as Cajun coffee (Community and Mello Joy for example) but I would imagine that Starbucks makes their money on the fancy drinks with whipped cream and other flavorings. My folks thought any coffee that was strong was nasty.

Here in Cajun Country, we're known for our strong coffee. I had a cup on the road a couple of days ago and it was similar in strength. The taste isn't as good as Cajun coffee (Community and Mello Joy for example) but I would imagine that Starbucks makes their money on the fancy drinks with whipped cream and other flavorings. My folks thought any coffee that was strong was nasty.

Never had Cajun coffee...but I do enjoy Chicory.

I haven't had a starbucks coffee in years thanks to them mostly going out of business here. They did make OK coffee from memory, the barista didn't actually burn it once :huh:

My daily usually comes as free instant lately or Gloria Jeans coffee which is a mixed bag, theres two lovely women there that make great coffee, and 2 there that seem to be able to burn everything including the water.

Top Bottom