What's new

Did I just Buy The Feather AS-D2 Razor? Ooooo, I Think I Did! :D

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
As some of you folks know from my introduction, I've gone from a 2-bladed cartridge razor, to 3-bladed, then to 5-bladed. And then I joined the dark side and went to electric shaver, I know I know, how scandaliss! 😲 I've only been on this site just over a week, and I already felt like I was being converted from the dark side. 🤣 After already receiving some assistance on the forum, on which razor to go with, it was based on a lower budget.

NOTE: The following products were bought from the Mens Room Barbershop, who are proud supports of Badger & Blade. I will not be posting links however, as I do not wish to break the rules on advertising, hope thats ok.

RAZOR:

I decided that I was going to do this right and order the safety razor that so many people consider to be the best, and is also recommended by many barbers in the field as well. I like the features of the Feather AS-D2, built like tank, should last rest of my life without falling apart. It has a good weight to it, so it should help carry the blade through the cut. Its not overly aggressive, so it should have less of a tendency to turn my face into Frankenstein's monster. 😂

Its supposed to produce a clean smooth shave as well by its design, many appear to agree that it does this. Its also supposed to not be difficult to replace the blades. And this is the kind of razor where, you should never have to apply pressure. All you gotta do is make contact with skin, and let the weight of the razor do the work.

BRUSH:

I decided that I didn't want to spend a fortune on a brush, especially after that expensive razor purchase. But I also didn't want to go too cheap either! I decided to go with a Pure Badger Shaving Brush with Chrome Handle.

BOWL - SOAP:

As far as my first shaving soap, I decided that this option was a good value, as I got the Tabac Original Shaving Soup with Ceramic Bowl. Its supposed to be a spicy scent, which I know I will enjoy.

BLADE PACKS:

I know the Feather is supposed to come with a 5-pack of blades, but knowing how I have a course hair, I figure a blade won't last for too many shaves. So I ordered a 50-pack of the Hi-Stainless Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades, should last me awhile.

So, what do you think guys?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I think you’ll enjoy your new toys. I hope you’ll be off the Wahl happy with them.

Thank you so much! And I see what you did there, good one! 😁

I am also happy to hear opinions from other's who own this razor, and talk about how they like theirs. I did see that they had another version that came with the stand, but I saw how much they were charging just to have a stand in there, and I was like, NOPE! lol

I am also happy to hear opinions from other's who own this razor, and talk about how they like theirs.
Here’s a couple current discussions.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Star_Wahl...etc....etc!
Fully enjoy my Feather AS-D2! One of my favorite DE razors!

proxy.php

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Welcome to B&B, Sir Star_Wahl...etc....etc!
Fully enjoy my Feather AS-D2! One of my favorite DE razors!

proxy.php

Thank you so much Sarimento1!

I am really glad that you love your Feather AS-D2, it appears to be an amazing razor, I am sure I will love mine too. And thank you also for sharing that beautiful picture of your razor, thats what I call first class all the way!

I plan to keep my blade out of my razor when not in use, because I feel that making sure that everything stays dry, is far better, so as to prevent blade rust. Just one of those things that comes with taking care of ones razor I feel. ;)

Thank you so much Sarimento1!

I am really glad that you love your Feather AS-D2, it appears to be an amazing razor, I am sure I will love mine too. And thank you also for sharing that beautiful picture of your razor, thats what I call first class all the way!

I plan to keep my blade out of my razor when not in use, because I feel that making sure that everything stays dry, is far better, so as to prevent blade rust. Just one of those things that comes with taking care of ones razor I feel. ;)
Good idea about removing the blade SYCT.
I have three penny size “stick on” magnets on the wall in my shave cabinet lined up in a row. After shave 1-2-3 I just remove the blade from my razor and place on the corresponding magnet to keep up with the number of shaves on the blade.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

My Feather AS-D2 razor came earlier then expected, I am really impressed at the super fast shipping speed of MRB! Without further or do, let me get to posting these pictures for all of you fine gentlemen and the ladies too! :)

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

This is one truly beautiful razor, the stock pictures on product sale pages don't do this thing justice, but my pictures more then likely will lol. This razor also weighs more then you would expect, probably because its casted out of pure stainless steel.

As far as weight balance, most of the weight is in the head, as one would expect, which could explain why some people are replacing their handles. But keep in mind, this is supposed to be a shallow angle razor, so I don't really see the point of being able to balance the razor on the head of a pin, at the center of the handle anyways. :001_huh:

Speaking of the handle, it has a very nice textured grip to it, I don't think its going to give me an issue. This is casted very well IHMO, the quality is very apparent here. The head is also quality. I should have taken another picture with the head apart, and stick a blade in there, but alas, I didn't think of it sorry lol.

Because it came so early, I hadn't had a chance to use it yet, I need to take my new Wahl clippers to my face first, remove the beard, then I can play with my new razor. So, don't expect an early use review yet, this is just an overall review of the look and feel.

I took one picture of my new brush, and it too has more weight in it then I had expected. The badger bristles are soft, but I know they will get softer in water and soap, plus there will be a breakin period with this brush I'm sure. Also, pics of replacement blades and tub of Tabac Soap.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I will update the thread again once I've had a chance to actually use my new razor. Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures. 😁

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My Feather AS-D2 razor came earlier then expected, I am really impressed at the super fast shipping speed of MRB! Without further or do, let me get to posting these pictures for all of you fine gentlemen and the ladies too! :)

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

This is one truly beautiful razor, the stock pictures on product sale pages don't do this thing justice, but my pictures more then likely will lol. This razor also weighs more then you would expect, probably because its casted out of pure stainless steel.

As far as weight balance, most of the weight is in the head, as one would expect, which could explain why some people are replacing their handles. But keep in mind, this is supposed to be a shallow angle razor, so I don't really see the point of being able to balance the razor on the head of a pin, at the center of the handle anyways. :001_huh:

Speaking of the handle, it has a very nice textured grip to it, I don't think its going to give me an issue. This is casted very well IHMO, the quality is very apparent here. The head is also quality. I should have taken another picture with the head apart, and stick a blade in there, but alas, I didn't think of it sorry lol.

Because it came so early, I hadn't had a chance to use it yet, I need to take my new Wahl clippers to my face first, remove the beard, then I can play with my new razor. So, don't expect an early use review yet, this is just an overall review of the look and feel.

I took one picture of my new brush, and it too has more weight in it then I had expected. The badger bristles are soft, but I know they will get softer in water and soap, plus there will be a breakin period with this brush I'm sure. Also, pics of replacement blades and tub of Tabac Soap.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I will update the thread again once I've had a chance to actually use my new razor. Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures. 😁

Shave report soon, right, with all the new gear?

Happy shaves,

Jim

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Congrats, I hope you enjoy the razor!

Top Bottom