What's new

Did I get a bad tub of T&H rose?

Hi all;
I've only been wet shaving now for a month so this question might seem a bit silly but here goes. I've purchased a few different tubs of shaving cream (Taylor, AOS, and Trumper) and in each tub the cream has always been very creamy. Yesterday I purchased a tub of T&H Rose cream at Nordstroms and when I opened it today to give it a try it seems like it is kind of dried out. It certainly isn't completly cakey but it isn't anywhere close to the consistency of any other creams I've used either. When I started to lather it up in my scuttle, it took quite a bit more water than I'm used to using to get a good lather and even then when I used it on my face it seemed to dry out very quickly. So did I just get a bad tub or is this the way most T&H cream comes? If it's bad I can easily take it back to Nordstroms or if this is normal should I just use more water to get a more hydrated lather? Seems like a very nice scent to use if I were getting better results :blush: .

Thanks for any thoughts/advice.
Jim

T&H Rose is denser than Taylors. It is a little harder to whip up than Taylors but just as good. I prefer T&H over Taylors.

Hard to tell. You'd better send it to me for testing (just kidding):001_rolle. If you have any question about its quality, I'd take it back. Nordstrom's is pretty good about that.

Is it possible to add just a few drops of water to the tub and then whip/mix it up?

Will this make the cream creamier without ruining it?

-joedy

Joedy said:
Is it possible to add just a few drops of water to the tub and then whip/mix it up?

Will this make the cream creamier without ruining it?

-joedy

I would not recommend it but hey it could work wonders. I think T&H Rose was meant to be dense.

Thanks for the input, I guess the deal is that it is just much denser than what I had seen before. When I run a finger across the top of the cream it certainly isn't dried out. I'll keep working with it and add another notch to the learning curve!

Happy shaving!
Jim

Nordstrom does have one of the best return policies around, that is if the cream does not work out for you.
Cheers, DJ.

All of the T&H creams I have owned were exactly as you describe.

Strangely, the only one that differed was the Rose! Mine is much more watery than the other T&H creams. Regardless, they all whipped up fine.

You will find that if it is denser then you just need a bit more water and whip it a bit more. I have 8 different tubs from Taylors and the consistencies vary by tub. My T & H 1805 is pretty airy though. If you want to take it back then you can check out the others, but the cream is fine...just requires a little more work.

All of the T&H creams I have owned were exactly as you describe.

Strangely, the only one that differed was the Rose! Mine is much more watery than the other T&H creams. Regardless, they all whipped up fine.

I second that, my T&H creams are far denser than my Taylor's for instance. Still work great though!

Top Bottom