What's new

Did I get a bad shaving soap?

So I ordered a proraso red shaving soap from dambiro and its kind of greenish and I dont love the smell.
It performs fine and I dont really know how sandalwood (soaps scent) should smell so Im not sure if its good after all.
Is an expired soap a health hazard? Has anyone had an expired proraso soap? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

So I ordered a proraso red shaving soap from dambiro and its kind of greenish and I dont love the smell.
It performs fine and I dont really know how sandalwood (soaps scent) should smell so Im not sure if its good after all.
Is an expired soap a health hazard? Has anyone had an expired proraso soap? Any info is appreciated, thanks.
Would you mind posting a picture of the contents of the soap so I could see the color? I've never seen Proraso Red that is green.

Wow, agreed it should not be green - it should be a white / off white color. Contact the vendor and give them a chance to make it right. Most vendors are really good with these types of things.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Julien01!

I'd definitely contact your seller and see if they can replace your puck with fresh stock!!

I had one tub of Proraso red that, in hindsight, had gone too far. The top layer was yellowish/beige and it turned mushy only after a few shaves. After struggling through 1/3 of it I got to a layer that was in better shape. My guess is that it had oxidized on the top.

I go now with tubes to avoid this.

Is the soap moldy by any chance? I don't think it should pose a health hazard unless you eat it but, I would not recommend using it just to be safe.

Top Bottom