What's new

Did Gillette change the scent of regular Foamy too?

I know the sensitive changed but I'm reading new reviews and everybody's saying the regular Foamy smells horrible. Leave it to Gillette to ruin something that works.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Gillette on most of their new stuff have gone all in on peppermint. I strongly dislike peppermint, eucalyptus, menthol etc. Not sure what the new foamy smells like.

There is always Barbasol and now they have an unscented as well.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Yeah, they both smell like cheap aroma chemicals now.
That's too bad. I actually used a travel size Foamy the other day and got a nice shave. I like the stock Barbasol scent a little more, but it was definitely not the new scent everyone seems to hate.

Reactions: ctr
I remember the scent like yesterday, Used it in boot camp. that's ashame they changed the original.

My dad used it for years. He’s gone now but I bet he’d be disappointed with the new scent if he was still here.

This just goes to show how disconnected Gillette is from its long time users. They have so many other lines of modern gels and foams they could’ve just left the original alone!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Had to grab some to see. Silly silly silly. It's bad. Reminds me of an aqua/water pacific rush something or other. I got it at a local Walgreens. There were two cans way in back so I was hopeful I'd get a good one. Nope. I wonder if others had the same thought as me and all got duped too.

It's almost as if Gillette does not care at all what their customers think...
Just got a whiff of it today. Smells like cheap cologne and very strong. Even after washing my hands it hung around. Don't expect Gillette to change anything.

Tried the new red Foamy today. The scent has definitely changed...I really wish that they had left Foamy and its scent alone but I didn't find the new scent to be particularly offensive. It's vaguely familiar but I can't place it....maybe they copied one of their deodorant scents or the Cool Wave aftershave?

Foamy has been very difficult to find in my area for at least a couple months, so I've been using a big can of Proraso green that I found at Marshall's. The new Foamy's foam seems slightly "drier" than it did before, but it worked fine with a Mach 3 that's nearing the end of it's service life.

Tried the new red Foamy today. The scent has definitely changed...I really wish that they had left Foamy and its scent alone but I didn't find the new scent to be particularly offensive. It's vaguely familiar but I can't place it....maybe they copied one of their deodorant scents or the Cool Wave aftershave?

Foamy has been very difficult to find in my area for at least a couple months, so I've been using a big can of Proraso green that I found at Marshall's. The new Foamy's foam seems slightly "drier" than it did before, but it worked fine with a Mach 3 that's nearing the end of it's service life.

The Walmart generic “Equate” in the Red can smells very similar to the old Foamy Red. Equate Blue smells very similar to the Foamy Sensitive with the blue cap as well. These foams are less concentrated yet work just as well IME. At a buck a can you can’t go wrong.

Used the "new" red Foamy again this morning. You really do get a whiff of the scent when you're applying it to your face, and I think it might be the same as Gillette Cool Wave. I've always found Cool Wave to be on the strong side.

I did like the original scent, and why did they have to mess with it? But, I still think Foamy works great and my shave feels noticeably closer than with the Proraso Green which I was using until Saturday. Still on the same Mach 3 cartridge which must have more than 20 shaves on it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Today I used a soap that reminded me a lot of Foamy in the can. PAA's Hotel Cecil which is supposedly a Burma Shave knockoff. It's a hit with me scent wise. First use of the soap so not a lot to say except it seemed very good.

A few days ago I found three cans of old Foamy in the convenience store at a local gas station. It was about a dollar a can more there than anywhere else, but it still felt like I hit the lottery. :laugh:

Finished my can of Proraso Green so I've been using the new Foamy daily for a week or so. To be fair I'm actually not noticing the scent as much as I did the first couple times I used it. And thankfully the foam itself seems to work as well as it used to. Still like the old scent much better though...

Have looked for the Walmart Equate red mentioned above, but on my last two WM visits it's been out of stock.

Does anyone know if this change is US only, or worldwide? I’m in the EU, and the red Gillette foam is my favorite foam by far. Would hate for it to be different…

So very sad. Unfortunately I have lived long enough to see so many good products discontinued or altered. Gets so a codger feels he no longer belongs. If folks only understood what has been lost...

It appears Equate has not only followed suit by changing their scents, but they’ve also watered down the recipe too!

Gotta love good old Barbasol!

Top Bottom