What's new

Did Gillette change the Mach3 cartridges?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My wife has become unhappy with the shaves she gets from her Mach3. Upon inspection, it seems the cartridges are bigger than I remember. Can anyone confirm this? And also, does anyone know where I can get something comparable to the old Mach3 carts if so? Thanks a ton!

I don't know, but I picked up a Mach3 out of curiosity a couple of weeks ago while I was at the drug store. It lasted one shave, nowhere near as sharp and effective as I remembered it being.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Hmm, I like the Mach3. I think it's one of the better carts. I hope they didn't screw up the carts. Any chance you got some counterfeit?

I haven't had any problems with the Mach3. I do buy through normal retail channels. I seem to be using the Sensor3 more often mixed with Schick Injectors, AC straights and genuine straights.

KeenDogg

Found out the issue. They are the Turbo blades, which seem to be blue. Didn't think there was a discernible difference, but my wife can tell.
20200923_184424.jpg
20200923_184453.jpg

I like the Turbo blades and haven't seen a decline in quality, at least not my stash. Never heard about Gillette discontinuing them, but they're plentiful and pretty inexpensive on eBay. I've gotten then for around $1.50/cart, legit product.

The Mach3 drove me to DE razors. The Sensor and TracII are far superior and the Tech is superior to both of those.

Yes Gillette changed the design of mach 3 for the worse.
I get less smooth results, need to go over the same area more, I often get cuts/nicks with the new design, I finish the shave with a feeling of irritation.
The old design was much better in every way, the old design was so perfect that any change is only for the worse. 😭

My wife has become unhappy with the shaves she gets from her Mach3. Upon inspection, it seems the cartridges are bigger than I remember. Can anyone confirm this? And also, does anyone know where I can get something comparable to the old Mach3 carts if so? Thanks a ton!
I like the Schick Hydro 3 cartridges. My local Walmart stopped carrying them but they are still available on Amazon. To me they are more comfortable than the Mach 3. I don't like any of the 5 bladed cartridges. You can probably find them in drug stores or Target in the US.

KeenDogg

I like the Schick Hydro 3 cartridges. My local Walmart stopped carrying them but they are still available on Amazon. To me they are more comfortable than the Mach 3. I don't like any of the 5 bladed cartridges. You can probably find them in drug stores or Target in the US.
Thank you!

Top Bottom