What's new

Did anyone use Maggard new Super High Density knot?

Could this new maggards knot compete with the expensive big guys ? Like Simpsons, Paladin, etc...

Dang it, I need to choose which empty handle to set this knot in and get to using it. But from feeling it dry, it seems like they really went after Declaration. It's seems like a more mass produced version of lush Declaration fan.

(Who I suspect is) the source company also makes SHD bulbs. It would be nice to have access to those for the sake of variety.

From what I undersatand, Maggard is planning on offering the Bulb knots too in the future. The last email I got mentioned possibly April.

From what I undersatand, Maggard is planning on offering the Bulb knots too in the future. The last email I got mentioned possibly April.

Ah cool. I have enough dense fans, so I have held off on buying a Maggard SHD thus far, but I might be in for a bulb. Thanks for the heads up.

Gentleman there is a lot of banter but only a few short reviews on this knot. I would like to read reviews/opinions to see if I want to purchase one. For those that have purchased and using this knot please post reviews I really want your opinons. Thank you

This is knot #3, all have been 22mm knots. You'll need close to a 24mm hole for fit. It's soft, dense and I like it. It seem to me to be a quality built knot with no shedding. As far as performance I have no complaints.I put this brush together exactly like I wanted it. I'm sure this knot will not be appreciated by everyone. It's the old YMMV thing. I've been wanting to build a Chubby2 type brush and was going to use a Shavemac knot. I'm going to think about it for awhile especially if a bulb style knot with this hair type will become available.

This is the Wolf Whiskers "Kaylee" Handle in Heart of Gryffindor Color with Maggards SHD Fan 26mm.
Gel tips with moderate backbone.
Really worth it for the price (just the price of the knot). You can get a handle from your favorite maker or even something cheaper from aliexpress or eBay and have a wonderful brush.
IMG_20190320_185041.jpg
IMG_20190320_193011.jpg

Top Bottom