What's new

Dichotomy of Occams Razor

Hi all,

The SE razor, Occam's Razor, is marketed as being "the simplest solution" to shaving.

Can we all agree to that? If not, my point below is moot.

Assuming we are in agreement, first, Occam's Razor as defined in the dictionary does not mean "the simplest solution." No big deal.

But if we assume the definition did mean "the simplest solution," how can a razor be the simplest solution when I need to use a tool to change plates??? And a tool to insert the blade??? C'mon man?!

A two or three piece razor seems far simpler.

I like the razor, but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

But if we assume the definition did mean "the simplest solution," how can a razor be the simplest solution when I need to use a tool to change plates??? And a tool to insert the blade??? C'mon man?!

That has me stumped. I don't know why anyone would need to use the tool to change the blade. I load it by hand and it is quicker than any 3 piece or even butterfly razor.

Hi all,

The SE razor, Occam's Razor, is marketed as being "the simplest solution" to shaving.

Can we all agree to that? If not, my point below is moot.

Assuming we are in agreement, first, Occam's Razor as defined in the dictionary does not mean "the simplest solution." No big deal.

A two or three piece razor seems far simpler.

I like the razor, but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Its a nice looking razor, but at $85 and the complication involved in using, it's not something I would use.

Are you wanting the most simple razor to use, the most effective for less investment not to mention blades that last for weeks?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Its a nice looking razor, but at $85 and the complication involved in using, it's not something I would use.

Are you wanting the most simple razor to use, the most effective for less investment not to mention blades that last for weeks?

[/QUOTE]

No. Just an observation I am making. Nothing more.

That has me stumped. I don't know why anyone would need to use the tool to change the blade. I load it by hand and it is quicker than any 3 piece or even butterfly razor.
I don't use the tool to insert a blade.

I don't use the tool to insert a blade.

The need for the blade tool had me stumped... used it one time and never again. Other than a similar loading of a OneBlade razor it is the easiest to load by a long shot. As to the plates for me I settles on the #2 plate after a couple of shaves and have never changed it. As a total package the simplest and easiest to use razor I have. Plus one of the best shaving too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I enjoy using this razor very much. My only gripe with this razor is the handle being so thin. Hopefully the next version of this razor can alleviate this problem by having a threaded stud like any 3 piece razor.

I just literally used a screw driver to change from the 2 dot to the 1 dot plate.

The razor shaves great, and I like the razor. But I needed a screw driver for a razor that's marketed as being a simple solution to shaving. To me that's funny, and that's the only point I'm making.

I’ve never used the tool.

That said, the design would more elegant if it were one piece, and didn’t have the screws for the top to be adjustable.

Lol agreed. The tool is a complete waste imo. I found it to be unusable in either model. Also, locking in to one of the plates is pretty well the only time I’ll ever change it. Keep it on the 3 dot...which to me is pretty mild with a Schick pro line. One of my favorite razors though. Not trying to down play that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removing the blade with my fingers wasn't the simplest task, but doable. The floating blade, with any plate, didn't measure up to my SS ATT SE1, so I got rid of it.

I just literally used a screw driver to change from the 2 dot to the 1 dot plate.

The razor shaves great, and I like the razor. But I needed a screw driver for a razor that's marketed as being a simple solution to shaving. To me that's funny, and that's the only point I'm making.

I started off using it on the No2 plate as delivered, and with a Feather Pro it delivered a good shave which took time as it was obviously too mild for me. I changed to a No3 plate and using a Proguard get very quick top class Shaves.

The blade tool is not required loading / unloading a blade by hand is very quick and easy. I have no problems adapting to the handle and find it very manoeuvrable. For an actual Shave a very good Razor, but I like the the variety of using other AC/SEs, Vintage SE & Injectors.

Top Bottom