What's new

Diamond paste

Would anyone have a name of a supplier for diamond paste in the UK please.
Don't know if the Ebay stuff is any good and don't want to risk wasting time on it. Thanks.

Would anyone have a name of a supplier for diamond paste in the UK please.
Don't know if the Ebay stuff is any good and don't want to risk wasting time on it. Thanks.
What grain size are you looking for ? After a cursory look on eB for -Japanese Diamomd Lapping paste 10g, Micron 0.1- 40 Abrasive - about £8.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Another source for diamond paste in the UK is Razorsandmore (UK based) on Esty. 0.1μm, 0.25μm and 0.5μm are about USD 11.50 each for a 10g syringe.

It's all in the pasted balsa thread.

Another source for diamond paste in the UK is Razorsandmore (UK based) on Esty. 0.1μm, 0.25μm and 0.5μm are about USD 11.50 each for a 10g syringe.

It's all in the pasted balsa thread.
Shavers Delight is the eB seller, quite reputable and free delivery.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm glad that we are building some sources up in different countries for suitable diamond paste. When I bought mine a couple of years ago, I had to order it from the US which more than doubled the price with shipping.

Does anyone have an Australian, New Zealand or Singapore source?

Remember, we are looking for 0.5μm, 0.25μm and 0.1μm.

Reactions: Anu
I'm glad that we are building some sources up in different countries for suitable diamond paste. When I bought mine a couple of years ago, I had to order it from the US which more than doubled the price with shipping.

Does anyone have an Australian, New Zealand or Singapore source?

Remember, we are looking for 0.5μm, 0.25μm and 0.1μm.
I'm sure there are, if nothing else, it can be easily - but not without risks apparently - ordered from China. I remember being tempted at some point, all things considered, mainly shipping time, deterred me for proceeding. Found some listed on local Amz,
0.5, 1.0, 3.5 μm set (3x5g) for $24.28.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm sure there are, if nothing else, it can be easily - but not without risks apparently - ordered from China. I remember being tempted at some point, all things considered, mainly shipping time, deterred me for proceeding. Found some listed on local Amz,
0.5, 1.0, 3.5 μm set (3x5g) for $24.28.
I have yet to find 0.1μm out of China. 0.5 & 0.25 (sometimes) yes, but not 0.1. For anything above 0.5μm, film or rock is preferred by most.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I have used 1u paste. It works, but it is obviously better to hone at that grit level on a well lapped stone or on film laid on a very flat plate, than to use 1u paste on balsa, and so I don't recommend it. Results will be slightly inferior to a strict Method edge. Who wants that? What the consensus is, is that best results are obtained with the standard progression, and best results are the only results worth seeking. I have found .1u on Amazon and Fleabay from Chinese sellers but many popular sellers don't carry it. Still, it is essential. Without the .1u it is not a Method edge and does not have the Method edge smoothness. It is seriously night and day difference. There have been many testimonial posts bearing this out, by guys who tried stopping at .25u and later got hold of some .1u paste and finished the job.

Well it turned up today as stated, I had already made 3 balsa strips lapped them and a kind gentleman let me put some of his paste on all 3. .5,.25 and .1 so I was already trying how it was. I knew there was enough on the two coarser grades because they had started to discolour. The .1 hadn't and I didn't believe I had put enough on so put half as much as I did originally. Went through the progression and what a difference. The sharpest I have used up to yet and it gave the closest shave up to yet barring a couple of places on my neck which I struggle to get anyway. There is a slight bit of tingling on my neck but I think that is me being heavy handed which I know I don't need to be with this razor now. Got a couple of weepers on my upper lip to prove it.🤣.
I must say it was a nice edge to start with so it's not honing but certainly polished a smooth keen edge if you follow instructions. I'll know how it maintains a razor in time .if you have any doubts try it and I think you're in for an eye opening.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Well it turned up today as stated, I had already made 3 balsa strips lapped them and a kind gentleman let me put some of his paste on all 3. .5,.25 and .1 so I was already trying how it was. I knew there was enough on the two coarser grades because they had started to discolour. The .1 hadn't and I didn't believe I had put enough on so put half as much as I did originally. Went through the progression and what a difference. The sharpest I have used up to yet and it gave the closest shave up to yet barring a couple of places on my neck which I struggle to get anyway. There is a slight bit of tingling on my neck but I think that is me being heavy handed which I know I don't need to be with this razor now. Got a couple of weepers on my upper lip to prove it.🤣.
I must say it was a nice edge to start with so it's not honing but certainly polished a smooth keen edge if you follow instructions. I'll know how it maintains a razor in time .if you have any doubts try it and I think you're in for an eye opening.
Believe it or not, you probably have too much. Try rubbing the .1μ strop down good with an old tshirt to remove your excess. You will require slightly more laps but the edge will be more refined. It can take a while for honest swarf to build up on a properly set up .1μ balsa strop.

Believe it or not, you probably have too much. Try rubbing the .1μ strop down good with an old tshirt to remove your excess. You will require slightly more laps but the edge will be more refined. It can take a while for honest swarf to build up on a properly set up .1μ balsa strop.
I did wipe it of after applying the second lot and it was a couple of weeks in between applications but I will give it another wipe befor using it again thanks.

ECB1DCDB-C140-4BB5-A531-960CE387B4C3.jpeg

I am loving my edges off of these. I don’t mind having more product. Less laps is ok with me. I’d rather not spend time doing 200-300 laps on a micron level. Loving my edges so far.

If it works for you Kirk great. But my understanding is it's what gets embedded in the balsa that polishes the edge not what's rolling around on the top of the surface. I may be wrong though my misses tells me that often🤣🤣

Top Bottom