What's new

diamond paste

good question, for an ark or something like that?

i can't imagine a "friable" or more surface degrading stone would benefit from that treatment.

and at what point would that stone no longer be effective or efficient.

Nope, just my DMT. That is all. :)

I was just thinking...

obviously it wouldn't bring the surface to the level of the paste (i.e. .5u) as when used in balsa strops.........

but if diamond paste's industry use is to polish gems, stones, metals, etc........i wonder.

camo

good question, for an ark or something like that?

i can't imagine a "friable" or more surface degrading stone would benefit from that treatment.

and at what point would that stone no longer be effective or efficient.

good questions!!!!

thought ran through my head today. tired and sleep adjustments!!!!!

camo

Is there any chance diamond particles could get embedded in the stone? That would be one ruined stone (assuming you're lapping with a much lower grit than the stone).

Is there any chance diamond particles could get embedded in the stone? That would be one ruined stone (assuming you're lapping with a much lower grit than the stone).

if you lapped an Ark, Japser, or other really hard stone with .5 paste.

the objective would be to smooth out even more.

camo

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Arks, jasper, agate, etc seem to act like micro files, the finish is the ‘grit’. That’s true of all stones to some extent IMHE, though most traditional natural stones and all synths will release grit during honing. So smoother is finer, but at some point I think that it will stop cutting, to the degree that you can‘t tolerate. Ark users already frequently do 200 laps or more on finishers, and the higher the polish, the finer the effect, and the more laps are needed.

Top Bottom