What's new

Diamond Paste Source

Does anyone have a trusted source for Diamond Paste for the pasted Balsa Strops? Preferably eBAY.

Thanks
I found this one from China but I dont know if there is a quality issue?

I have used paste from tech diamond tools before. Seems to be high quality stuff, in grit sizes it would be 50,000, 100,000, and 200,000.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
The Chinese stuff is good but almost impossible to get 0.1um and difficult to get 0.25um. It's Tech Diamond Tools for me now. They ship internationally.

I recently bought 0.5, 0.25 and 0.1 micron from Diamond polishing Paste – Tech Diamond Tools - https://techdiamondtools.com/product-category/diamond-polishing-paste/, and am very happy. What's nice about Tech Diamond Tools is they sell in three concentrations (10%, 25% and 50%) in two sizes (5 and 10 gm). I went with the 25% concentration in 5 gm - will be enough to last for years.
I get the the same stuff as Frank and it works great with fast delivery and great service.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Chefknivestogo has syringes of diamond paste .25 to 3 microns for a good price. Fast delivery when I ordered too.
I have found that it's the 0.1um that is hardest to source, followed by 0.25um. 0.5um and above is relatively easy to find.

I have found that it's the 0.1um that is hardest to source, followed by 0.25um. 0.5um and above is relatively easy to find.
I did have to go to Tech Diamonds for the .01 paste (after I had ordered the other grits elsewhere).

Does anyone have a trusted source for Diamond Paste for the pasted Balsa Strops? Preferably eBAY.

Thanks
I buy my diamond spray for strops from DMT. The sprayer part gets clogged easily so I just take off the top and use my finger to apply it to the strop. Their diamond spray is monocrystalline diamonds and they really cut fast and stay sharp.

This is the only supply of .1u I could find in the UK. Works fine. Think the reason I couldn't find it initially was because it is advertised as 1/10 micron, Google doesn't know it's the same as .1u

RS PRO Grey Diamond Paste 1/10μm Grade , 10ml Bottle | RS Components

uk.rs-online.com
uk.rs-online.com

Just made some balsa strops to play with and used the Amazon Tech Diamond pastes (25%).

I'd be less likely to mis-punctuate the units in nanometers — that'd keep it to whole numbers. I prefer to think I start the progression cyan/green-ish and finish in ultraviolet. :p

Top Bottom